• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Did I get an update, or not?

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
So I went to the software update screen today, and it's a little confusing.

Under what's new, it shows Ford power up, then below that it shows completed, so far so good, but below that it says not completed? So I'm not sure which to believe. Then below that it has released notes talking about 6.2.0, but at the bottom it shows priority update 23-pu1103-nat-vce, and when I look at the about information on the screen, it still shows the same version of sync that I had when I got the truck (22326_product revision 640)

Could they have made it any more confusing?

Ford F-150 Lightning Did I get an update, or not? 1000005775
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So I went to the software update screen today, and it's a little confusing.

Under what's new, it shows Ford power up, then below that it shows completed, so far so good, but below that it says not completed? So I'm not sure which to believe. Then below that it has released notes talking about 6.2.0, but at the bottom it shows priority update 23-pu1103-nat-vce, and when I look at the about information on the screen, it still shows the same version of sync that I had when I got the truck (22326_product revision 640)

Could they have made it any more confusing?
Not complete means the OTA failed. PTS shows it failed due to a hash mismatch. A bunch of people on the Mach E forums have reported this update failing for them today and a few VINs I checked showed it failed with the same error. The issue is on Ford's side.
Ford F-150 Lightning Did I get an update, or not? 1719605054873-pe

OP
OP

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
But the question is, why does it say completed first?

That's the confusing part, the fact that it shows both completed, and not completed.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
But the question is, why does it say completed first?

That's the confusing part, the fact that it shows both completed, and not completed.
I'm guessing that is from the last OTA you got on 6/12.

Sponsored

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
Got 6.4 today as well. Actually has been getting updates every other day now, after 3 months of no activity...

Ford F-150 Lightning Did I get an update, or not? Screenshot_20240628_213411_FordPass

OP
OP

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Paramedic
Well, the mystery continues. Today I got in the truck and it warned me that the 12v battery had high drain, I'm familiar with the error because I do have lots of aftermarket accessories, however in this case none of them had been left on. I looked at the LVB level and it was reporting 42%! And then I looked in the truck, and it showed that it was downloading an update. And it still showed not completed on the majority of the text that I show above, however the word completed was now above the name of the update at the bottom. A few minutes later I came back and the truck was now showing not completed on everything again.

So I suspect overnight it tried to install an update, drained the battery down to nothing, and then failed on the update. I'm seeing no reason to believe that it actually succeeded on anything.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
How do you check the LVB charge? I had the high drain error last night as well, but now that Ford updated the webpage to show the HVB charge level I don't know how to check the LVB.
Nevermind, I see you have to see it in my "Account" section, not my "Vehicles" section.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It was sent again and it failed again due to a hash mismatch. The problem is on the server side.
Ford F-150 Lightning Did I get an update, or not? 1720879160175-49
Sponsored