Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2020 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Facilities Director
Go to your Ford Account Dashboard on Ford.com
The mislabeled square reads "charge level" in the center. That isn't your HVB, but your LVB
My "Charge Level" is indicated in milage. This is my first time seeing this online dashboard so maybe I need to change something? Zero update since purchase in Nov. 2023, so it hasn't been that long and I did receive the letter for the 12v charge indicator replacement.
Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... 1706561252857

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
My "Charge Level" is indicated in milage. This is my first time seeing this online dashboard so maybe I need to change something? Zero update since purchase in Nov. 2023, so it hasn't been that long and I did receive the letter for the 12v charge indicator replacement.
1706561252857.png
While logged in, goto your account status via this link to see the "Charge Level" aka 12v SOC
https://www.ford.com/myaccount/?gnav=header-account

Sponsored

Lhennen

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 GMC Acadia
Your truck has not recorded any updates. It is on Sync 22326 which is the same software it left the factory with when it was built in June 2023.
My 23 is also has zero updates. Does this AM radio update have anything to do with it? It made me curious since they stopped pushing updates to new builds around the time the lack of AM radio became an issue. This article claims the AM radio OTA is coming soon……. https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/2023-ford-evs-are-getting-am-radio-functionality-back/

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The mislabeled square reads "charge level" in the center. That isn't your HVB, but your LVB
@davehu. Also, if you look at FordPass and it says "last updated 18 hours ago," the Ford.com data on LVB %SOC will be stale. It helps to refresh FordPass (sparingly) before you go to the referenced dashboard showing LVB SOC. RickLightning says refreshing FordPass or being near the truck with your fog or your PAAK wakes the truck electrical system up. Too much of that will contribute to LVB battery drain with the truck just standing around, according to Rick.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
a mislabeled square. Huh. so after reviewing this thread I see why I'm confused and suspect many others are too. I loginto my ford.com dashboard a couple times a week at most. I go to ford.com and then from the pulldown menu select vehicle dashboard. and I see this:

Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... 1706828619228

as you can see the center icon says charge level but the GOM miles appear. makes since to me. but someone in this thread had a link to the dashboard . for some reason I clicked on it and I get an entirely different look.

Ford F-150 Lightning I just got an update... 1706828662302

as you can see both screens are using the same information, or so it seems until you look at the data presented under "charge level" on the screen I have been using for 4 months it gives the GOM mileage. but on the other it shows a percentage. another software glitch from Ford IT. but thanks to this thread I have learned something.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
as you can see both screens are using the same information, or so it seems until you look at the data presented under "charge level" on the screen I have been using for 4 months it gives the GOM mileage. but on the other it shows a percentage. another software glitch from Ford IT. but thanks to this thread I have learned something.
We could call it a "Glitch" or poor designed tab label, by inference, of seeing the mileage one assumes the same pixel location with different label is the HVB SOC for those miles, unfortunately it's not, it is the LVB SOC.

BTW,

Log onto Ford.com, then pick first item on the list [[Your first name ['s]] Account], this is how to get to the erroneous/poorly labeled data page.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My 23 is also has zero updates. Does this AM radio update have anything to do with it? It made me curious since they stopped pushing updates to new builds around the time the lack of AM radio became an issue. This article claims the AM radio OTA is coming soon……. https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/2023-ford-evs-are-getting-am-radio-functionality-back/
No, I don't have a good explanation as to why you aren't getting sent updates, but that AM thing I am sure has nothing to with it.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Hmmm…. I’ve seen this mentioned before, but every time I check, the % shown on the dashboard page matches my HVB. ???

…Could this have something to do with my BMS sensor that still needs to be replaced?

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Hmmm…. I’ve seen this mentioned before, but every time I check, the % shown on the dashboard page matches my HVB. ???
You have checked the info in post 68 above?

Perhaps your state of charge you keep your high voltage battery is very similar to your current status of your % of charge of your 12 volt battery?

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

…Could this have something to do with my BMS sensor that still needs to be replaced?
Log into your account on Ford.com. The vehicle dashboard will show SOC in miles. Click on ABCD’s account. Look at that dashboard for LVB charge level.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You have checked the info in post 68 above?

Perhaps your state of charge you keep your high voltage battery is very similar to your current status of your % of charge of your 12 volt battery?
Yep, have checked as in post 68.

And no, it always matches my HVB SOC. Whether I’m at 90% or 20%, or anywhere in between. And I’m not saying it’s similar, the web dashboard page reports what my truck does exactly. If my truck says 34% SOC, the dashboard does as well. I’m not doubting the dashboard is showing the LVB…. I’m inclined to believe my truck is mis-reporting. Also with the LVB/BMS sensor recall I have not done with, I still continuously have issues with updates failing.
Sponsored