• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I just got an update...

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
Got my first update last night! Just like Christmas. Apparently this is a rerun for most people, 4.2.3.1. This is the first one for my 9/23 build Pro SR. I'm happy since this proves everything is working correctly. It's hard to know if everything works until you get one, right?

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Haven't gotten a single update. Had the truck since July of 23.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There's something to be said in joining me on the "Second String" bench, as MY22 owner I've dodged a few bullets, some initial releases that first stringers had made for unpleasant experience to deal with, eventually things get straightened out and us #2 and #3 release waves have a better run.

Good things come in time.

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The OTA gods have bestowed their blessings upon me! Lmao. My first ever update was 4.2.3.1 on the 14th and just received 6.1.0 now! Now the question is.. im leaving the truck parked for a week and a half. Should I turn automatic updates off until after getting back to avoid the chance of bricking the truck?

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got power up 6.1.0 last night! Second one in two days, the first since I bought the truck. I guess they are moving for me now!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The OTA gods have bestowed their blessings upon me! Lmao. My first ever update was 4.2.3.1 on the 14th and just received 6.1.0 now! Now the question is.. im leaving the truck parked for a week and a half. Should I turn automatic updates off until after getting back to avoid the chance of bricking the truck?
No, unlikely anything up to 6.8.0 will cause harm.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
That's not how things work. Auto-updates being off will only prevent an update the requires the vehicle to be inhibited from installing. That will not prevent the server from queueing up the next update for you. If your truck is parked and you sent an update, it will just sit in your queue until you start the truck again, as that is the only thing that will give "consent" for the OTA trigger to move on to the next step.

Also, OTA's bricking vehicles are VERY rare. This is something that nobody needs to lose sleep over.

Sponsored

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
6.2.0 showed up today, notes saying "small changes". That doesn't tell me much. I'm not complaining, second update in less than 2 weeks. I'll take it. Seems like I'm getting on track.
Sponsored