• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Do you have proper voltage at the radar sensor connector? I did read a post that someone verified the voltage and polarity (while installing? after installation? somehow got access to that plug?). Checking that may help diagnose.
Yea, you can unhook the plug to the CCW with the little plastic snap on bumper trim removed at the CCW. Just probe it with some jumper wires to test for 12v power. Ultimately if you can't figure it out you can do point to point (end to end) continuity check from the IMPA plug to the CCW plug by just removing a plastic cover left side of the dash and the plastic trim on the bumper. Once you have the wiring diagrams in front of you you can remove the trim and point to point test all 4 wires in 5min with the appropriate jumper setup.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I cannot for the life of me get CCM to show. I went back and double/triple checked my Forscan inputs. I've tried what rraustad said about populating IPMA and APIM values first. I've also tried powering the CCM through the IPMA as BeefLightning suggested. I've checked numerous times and have the driver's side and passenger's side wiring. 2023 Pro w/ Tow Technology... Any ideas?
You may already know but FORScan caches found vehicle modules so it doesn't have to do the full scan each time. This is stored in the profile. Just making sure you are deleting your old profile and/or forcing FORScan to create a new one when you try.

M3T1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hey all! Successful install over here. Thanks to @Brotato for this guide. I made a video to help some people, and I linked this thread in the description. I included some ForSCAN tips to hopefully help some beginners make sense of Livinitup's ForSCAN encyclopedia. I have used it before, so I knew what to do. But, I remember when I was learning, it was a little confusing to me. Hopefully this helps some people!

bpcunning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT, ‘23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Occupation
EVA Tools Engineer
Has anyone else encountered the Pre-Collision Assist prompt in doing this install? It appears rather harmless but it's a bit of a nuisance, and no amount of toggling the various driver assist features seems to dismiss it. If nothing else I'll have to go back in with Forscan and recheck all the values.
Replying to myself in case it helps anyone else. I had a digit wrong in Forscan that seemingly disabled Pre-Collision Assist, but didn't match other settings so I had this pop up. Fixed the setting (IPC 720-01-02) and all is well.

Rofam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 XLT, 2022 F150 Lariat
Hello all, I'm hoping I can get some help. I have followed the instructions for installing and programming the ACC on a 2022 F150 Lariat. Everything went smoothly except now I have the following DTC's that will not clear. Could anyone be of assistance and help me understand what I may have done wrong? Thank you for your time.

Will not clear:
ABS
U2017:57-AB
U2101:00-AB
IPMA
U0253:00-28
U2101:00-2F

Will clear but returns:
IPMA
U0121:00-28
U0415:86-28

Sponsored

Rosinante

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Excellent. I will try that next.
Did it work for you?

I am having same issue and Forscan throwing Circuit Short Battery error. Checked radar module receiving 12.9v from the IPMA but can't get it to populate. Any help is greatly appreciated and I hate to give up.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5650

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Did it work for you?

I am having same issue and Forscan throwing Circuit Short Battery error. Checked radar module receiving 12.9v from the IPMA but can't get it to populate. Any help is greatly appreciated and I hate to give up.

IMG_5650.jpeg
This has to be a wiring issue. You have to check every pin and wire color all the way from the CCM to the IMPA, EVERY point, verify it with the diagram listed in this thread and make sure you know the pin #'s and which direction you are looking at the connectors or plugs.

Rosinante

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
This has to be a wiring issue. You have to check every pin and wire color all the way from the CCM to the IMPA, EVERY point, verify it with the diagram listed in this thread and make sure you know the pin #'s and which direction you are looking at the connectors or plugs.
@ZSC100 Qaplakh! I had read the numbers upside down 😔 Needed somebody to tell me that. Appreciate you!

wy2sl0

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 XLT
Hi all!

Any news on how the 2024's are equipped? I have a '24 XLT and was hoping it had the necessary wiring to do this upgrade. I would have preferred the package, but we have to go to the Flash now to get it :(

pedro66

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning 22 Tesla X
Occupation
Technical Director
I am working on another method for this does anyone have the old non cruise harness they have removed I can get from them?

Sponsored

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
I am working on another method for this does anyone have the old non cruise harness they have removed I can get from them?
I still have the old harness that is cruise control but not ACC (the harness does not have the plug for the radar unit).

Last edited:

Schattenjager

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT 311A
Occupation
Sr. Continuous Improvement Manager
Yes, please, I wanna see this. Someone get their son or wife with tiny hands to figure this out and post a good video and I'll buy you a dinner.

But, rest assured that particular connector is never coming apart in the situation it's in. If you break the tab, don't worry about it, move on.
I got around to doing this addition this weekend, and my 260 lb butt took out the passenger seat, did an inverted grab with my right hand, and was able to unlatch it without breaking it - like a fat ninja. 😂

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
Another sensor invaded by water. The sensor still works. I get the “sensor blocked” warning after driving for a few minutes. If I pull over stop and start the truck, then engage the ACC it works fine for the rest of the drive. I think it’s still salvageable. I’m going to clean it up with some IPA and then silicone it closed and run some dielectric grease in the connector. For all you current and future users!!! I’d recommend a bit of schmoo in the connector at least
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5070
Sponsored