• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driver Side Door Controls and Safety Errors After OTA Update

ryanbb07

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lighting
Hey folks,

I’m dealing with some frustrating issues after an OTA update on my 2023 Lightning Lariat ER. Since the update, the driver side door controls have gone completely unresponsive, and I keep getting error messages for blind spot and cross traffic safety systems.

I’ve contacted Ford service, but it’s been a real hassle. They haven’t been able to schedule a session to connect my truck to their software system. Has anyone else had similar issues or found any solutions? Any advice on dealing with Ford service would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
How long ago did the update come in and when was the last time you plugged in to charge?

OP
OP

ryanbb07

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lighting
How long ago did the update come in and when was the last time you plugged in to charge?
update came through a few weeks ago; not sure of the exact date. I plug in every night at home.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried a 12v disconnect?

OP
OP

ryanbb07

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lighting
Have you tried a 12v disconnect?
Yes, I did try disconnecting the 12V battery for several minutes. I also took my truck to the dealership for routine maintenance (tire rotation, etc.) at over 20k miles. They had the truck for a day but couldn’t figure out the software issues. They mentioned that only one technician knows how to connect to the Ford software system, and he was behind because each car was taking 2-3 hours to update.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The last thing I would do is have a look at the physical connection to the door, it's possible the update is merely coincidental to the problem. No signal from the camera will probably cause the codes. Does the mirror have a blinker? Does that work?
The dealer can also see codes that have been remotely transmitted if you have connectivity turned on.

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lariat F150 Lightning 2022
Hey folks,

I’m dealing with some frustrating issues after an OTA update on my 2023 Lightning Lariat ER. Since the update, the driver side door controls have gone completely unresponsive, and I keep getting error messages for blind spot and cross traffic safety systems.

I’ve contacted Ford service, but it’s been a real hassle. They haven’t been able to schedule a session to connect my truck to their software system. Has anyone else had similar issues or found any solutions? Any advice on dealing with Ford service would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sorry I can’t offer any help with your particular issue with this update. And not to pile on but, for more than a month now I’m stuck with the same update being “Not Completed”. My local Ford service department had my 2022 Lightning Lariat last week for five days and couldn’t advance the download. At the same time while the display states the update is ”Not Completed”, the center console display states ”Your vehicle window, mirror and lock controls have been updated for more reliable performance, enhancing your comfort and control.” I’m totally confused the contradiction and the lack of any explanation by Ford BEV as to how to clear the conflicting information. Also due to several reports of vehicles becoming bricked after installing this update I’ve elected to turn off the automatic update feature until the BEV team provides a workaround.

Ford F-150 Lightning Driver Side Door Controls and Safety Errors After OTA Update IMG_9975

Reactions: chl

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey folks,

Thanks!
Good morning. Could you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I would like to take a closer look at your door control concerns on my end.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Good morning. Could you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I would like to take a closer look at your door control concerns on my end.
Happy to see that a Ford Factory employee is monitoring this forum and can expedite these type of issues.

When I was involved with a World wide plumbing forum for 15 years, until they shut down the forum 18 months ago, company managers would monitor the forum on a daily basis and reach out as needed.

Not only did things get worked out, but they also listened to our suggestions. I can honestly say that there are new plumbing products out there due to both mine and others direct input. Even been to the factory on 5 separate occasions.

Yes, it's a win win for us and the company.

Thanks for looking into this and monitoring the forum. We all win..

Rick

OP
OP

ryanbb07

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Lighting
VIN:
1FTVW1EV9PWG13000
Current Mileage: 24,579

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Sorry I can’t offer any help with your particular issue with this update. And not to pile on but, for more than a month now I’m stuck with the same update being “Not Completed”. My local Ford service department had my 2022 Lightning Lariat last week for five days and couldn’t advance the download. At the same time while the display states the update is ”Not Completed”, the center console display states ”Your vehicle window, mirror and lock controls have been updated for more reliable performance, enhancing your comfort and control.” I’m totally confused the contradiction and the lack of any explanation by Ford BEV as to how to clear the conflicting information. Also due to several reports of vehicles becoming bricked after installing this update I’ve elected to turn off the automatic update feature until the BEV team provides a workaround.

IMG_9975.jpeg
For a couple weeks I have had update troubles - keep getting an error message on FordPass that the update was "interrupted."

Not by me doing anything at 6:30am.

Mine is a "PowerUp" software update.

I see the HV battery warranty requires me to install these updates within a reasonable period of time (30 days).

"...failure to complete Ford Power-Up software updates within a
reasonable amount of time, typically 30 days.."

Truck is set for auto-updates, parked outside, doors closed and locked, not fast charging, lights are all off, all prerequisites are met.

I got one successfully in June - the 23B57 CSP software update.

I had the battery monitor sensor replaced - the 23B70 CSP.

No warnings about low voltage battery charge being too low.

Inscrutable.
Sponsored