• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driver window lowering itself after being raised.

msteitle

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Software engineer
Like the title says, on several separate occasions, after lowering my driver's window, then closing it, the window will immediately lower itself again. It takes me several attempts to get it to stay closed. My truck is On, and either in park or stopped in gear (I use 1-pedal driving). Has this happened to anyone else? I can't find any setting that might affect this.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I had this problem on my Ford Fusion. The dealer recalibrated it under warranty.

OP
OP
msteitle

msteitle

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Software engineer

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks, Maquis. I ran through calibration and haven't had the issue since. What an odd behavior to occur.
I had to do it on both my Mach-E and my Lightning. It’s odd, but not unheard of.

Sponsored

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
@Maquis Thanks for that link for sure. Experienced this on Saturday and it really wasn't fun at those temperatures!

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
What causes it is holding the window button down or up for more than a second or so after it is all the way up or down. Some people report that changing the battery does it, or having had something keep the window from closing.

The fix is easy:

I had to do it on my F-150 Powerboost once. That one I took in to dealer, and the service guy had it fixed in a minute, no charge. So I hope they didn't charge the person who had it "Recalibrated".

When I think about it, it is actually a pretty genius idea for calibrating 1-touch up and down systems. If it gets a little off, then customer can easily recalibrate it without needing to mess with electronics .

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I tried the specified calibration 4 or 5 times without success. I had the dealer address the issue when I took my truck in to have the ACM replaced. A dealer tech tried the calibration several times without success. Another tech tried, and it worked on his first attempt.

It reminds me of fishing with my Dad when I was a kid. When I was not catching any fish, my Dad would say, "You are not holding your mouth just right."
Sponsored