EA app fails me again

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Earlier this yeari couldn't get the EA app to start charger. It just kept giving me an error related to reloading my account". I force stopped, cleared cache, uninstalled, rebooted phones, nothing worked. Waited 15 min on hold and gave up, used Ford plug n charge to get it going and had to pay full price.

Fast forward to today, same problem. Even tried EA app on android auto screen. Nothing worked. Waited 10 min on hold and two attempts to get a remote start for the charger to work. I'm trying to convince the wife that she can handle an EV and this crap ain't helping.

Am I alone with this problem?
Ford F-150 Lightning EA app fails me again 1000005264
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Did your credit card change or expire? It looks like you have a problem with whatever payment method you have in the app.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did your credit card change or expire? It looks like you have a problem with whatever payment method you have in the app.
Nope, I even addeda second card and loaded extra funds to the wallet to make sure it was working.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm confused. Why would putting the app on a different screen, same phone, work?

When it failed prior, seems you had months to get it working vs on a trip?

If your steps didn't work, I would next try a different phone, same account. If that didn't work, I would use a totally different account.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm confused. Why would putting the app on a different screen, same phone, work?

When it failed prior, seems you had months to get it working vs on a trip?

If your steps didn't work, I would next try a different phone, same account. If that didn't work, I would use a totally different account.
I was just trying everything I could think of to get the charger to start.

I road trip 2 or 3 times a year, so it isn't worth my time to spend hours trying to troubleshoot an app that worked last year and suddenly stopped working for no particular reason this year. It saves me less than $10, nice but not a deal breaker. My time is more valuable.

It's not encouraging to my wife that I can only get the discount if I use her phone (assuming it works and it isn't my account that's all screwed up). As soon as GM gets their ultium branded EVgo chargers working I'm done with EA.

I thought I'd check here (I did try asking Mr Google and couldn't find anything helpful) before I abandon all hope of making it work. A2Z adaptor is supposed to be delivered on Saturday (thanks for convincing me to order that Rick). I plan to use SC network for Disney in Sept.
Sponsored