• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I just got my truck back from dealer after a long wait for a gateway module. I have never had any OTA updates since truck was new and was a job1 build. I have had plenty of glitchy software issues. Ford now says I am up to date on software and I don't believe it. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED5MFB13620. Thanks if anyone can look at FDRS and see what SW may be available for it..Thanks in advance.
No offense, but Ford didn't say your truck is up to date. But an employee at a dealership said your truck is.
I'll look your VIN up, if someone doesn't beat me to it, but I'm 99.9% certain that a dealership did NOT bring a truck "up to date"
It's literally not something they do
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You have 14 software updates in the queue.

I'll give you a screen shot shortly

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS pushrods.PNG

tkljr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just got my truck back from dealer after a long wait for a gateway module. I have never had any OTA updates since truck was new and was a job1 build. I have had plenty of glitchy software issues. Ford now says I am up to date on software and I don't believe it. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED5MFB13620. Thanks if anyone can look at FDRS and see what SW may be available for it..Thanks in advance.
In addition to the info Snakebitten has provided this is what was done to your truck on 3/30/22 (the last FDRS history of something actually done):

Attachments

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Got my mongoose adapter today. Running all the updates for Blue Cruise. Started off with attempting to get my APIM to update to no avail, and also tried running the TSB again to no avail. Uninstalled FDRS and reinstalled, didnt help. Still getting this persistent error.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS DE828F8E-192F-4D10-AF5F-452520C076C0

Was hoping the mongoose solved this but didn’t. Im out of ideas. Starting to think im going to have to rely on the dealer for this one, maybe i need the APIM replaced for real.
Still at sync version 20312. ???

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
You have 14 software updates in the queue.

I'll give you a screen shot shortly

pushrods.PNG
Actually the info on being up to date was from Ford support center. My dealer told me that if any updates needed, they would be applied over the air. Its been about a week now and no OTA updates have happened. I wonder why so many if in fact OTA is really working?

Sponsored

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I do have the mongoose. Was it the TSB attached? If so, I have everything I need. How long did it take you start to finish?
It was indeed the attached TSB. I'd say it probably took about an hour-1:15 for the TSB procedure, including the initial APIM update. Do be aware that copying the APIM update to the USB stick is painfully slow and is probably 80% of the hour.

Note that if you're in the "OTA Penalty Box" you might get prompted for an IPMA install with a whole bunch of dependencies if you let FDRS do it's thing. I'd do the TSB procedure first and then you can button up the trim panels while all the other updates are going.

From "penalty box" to working blue cruise it's probably a good six hours, most of which is watching painfully slow progress bars. Also note that you'll probably need an overnight "sleep" or two before everything starts working as expected.

Final note I've captured a video of the OTA fix procedure and should have that up by the end of the day if you want to see it before attempting it.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
It was indeed the attached TSB. I'd say it probably took about an hour-1:15 for the TSB procedure, including the initial APIM update. Do be aware that copying the APIM update to the USB stick is painfully slow and is probably 80% of the hour.

Note that if you're in the "OTA Penalty Box" you might get prompted for an IPMA install with a whole bunch of dependencies if you let FDRS do it's thing. I'd do the TSB procedure first and then you can button up the trim panels while all the other updates are going.

From "penalty box" to working blue cruise it's probably a good six hours, most of which is watching painfully slow progress bars. Also note that you'll probably need an overnight "sleep" or two before everything starts working as expected.

Final note I've captured a video of the OTA fix procedure and should have that up by the end of the day if you want to see it before attempting it.
to add, make sure you get a usb 3.0 stick. the process is much faster from laptop > USB and USB > truck if your flash drive is a modern one

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually the info on being up to date was from Ford support center. My dealer told me that if any updates needed, they would be applied over the air. Its been about a week now and no OTA updates have happened. I wonder why so many if in fact OTA is really working?
The answer to most of your questions is this thread. It's why it exists. It's the C-OTA. The Customer applying all the OTA updates that would have been updated OTA if OTA was working as designed.

Ford will figure it out eventually. You can wait, of course, but you don't have to.

The dealership won't do what the folks here have done because Ford couldn't afford to pay $90 an hour, I suspect.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
Thanks so much for the insight and spreading this wealth of knowledge around. Its a shame Ford still advertises the OTA feature when it doesn't work for so many customers.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Again, they'll figure it out. It's a huge endeavor to take on, especially for a traditional automotive manufacturer. It's far more like starting up a software company than building a car.

Not saying I'm happy about it. But I'm actually thrilled that they have the vision

Sponsored

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The main missing feature would be camera in motion.
For what it's worth, I have a 302a with the 8" digital cluster. Also "stuck" on 244, but *do* have cameras in motion.

After a batch of updates in January I was able to get the cameras in motion using the forscan edits (same edits listed in the spreadsheet).

After the recent IPMA update (the big 3+ hour one) the functionality of in-motion cameras significantly improved. I can see the rear-view backup view (soft button was untappable before). The hard-button also turns on/off now vs before the IPMA update where each click of the hard button went from
camera off -> hitch view -> overhead/bed split -> camera off.

I believe getting past 244 will enable cameras in the side-card. As of now, I can only see the camera views full-screen using the hard-button on the dash.

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4

I absolutely would. I appreciate all the info.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
For what it's worth, I have a 302a with the 8" digital cluster. Also "stuck" on 244, but *do* have cameras in motion.

After a batch of updates in January I was able to get the cameras in motion using the forscan edits (same edits listed in the spreadsheet).

After the recent IPMA update (the big 3+ hour one) the functionality of in-motion cameras significantly improved. I can see the rear-view backup view (soft button was untappable before). The hard-button also turns on/off now vs before the IPMA update where each click of the hard button went from

I believe getting past 244 will enable cameras in the side-card. As of now, I can only see the camera views full-screen using the hard-button on the dash.
yes I do have cameras in motion WITH Forscan edits on 244. But want the side cards as well.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
The answer to most of your questions is this thread. It's why it exists. It's the C-OTA. The Customer applying all the OTA updates that would have been updated OTA if OTA was working as designed.

Ford will figure it out eventually. You can wait, of course, but you don't have to.

The dealership won't do what the folks here have done because Ford couldn't afford to pay $90 an hour, I suspect.
I agree that Ford has taken on a huge project with OTA. I believe it is a programing nightmare and from all the problems prove it. They will figure it out and it will become seamless. One thing I am wondering is how a OTA that takes a long time to load with only battery power will work. Or will it be a download and install when truck is running?

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost

I also have the side card working. 302A XLT with 360 cams. My forscan changes were. Your truck may be different and your mileage may vary. Take these with a grain of salt.

IPMA 706-02-02 xxxF CExx xx--
APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx Fx--
APIM 7D0-01-04 xxxx EDxx xx--

Had to make a few additional ones for the bed camera in the side card. If you search IOD on the forscan forums that will steer you in the right direction because I can't remember where exactly they were.
Sponsored