Sponsored

Electric motor said ‘bye’

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
So the lighting could not drive if one of the dual motor failed?

At least it should allow limp mode to allow the vehicle to move/tow
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So the lighting could not drive if one of the dual motor failed?

At least it should allow limp mode to allow the vehicle to move/tow
If there is mechanical interference, .... NO !!

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Okay guys..

Pretty substantial update today..
I got a call from the service manager at my dealership, and he's taking over this case, due to the low mileage and severity of my issue. They heard back from the regional rep, and turns out they are able to get just the broken part (parking brake), they're going to get that ordered Monday, so it should get in Tuesday or Wednesday... They'll pull the motor and get the part replaced... Hoping I get it back by next weekend or early the following week.. if they find anything else, they'll just replace the whole unit at that point.
I'm glad this might mean a faster turnaround for the repair, but given how tight things are and the catastrophic nature of the failure, I'd be concerned about any contamination or debris left behind by such a failure. Even with a full flush of the fluid, there's no guarantee they'll have cleared out all the debris, which could cause a differential or motor failure down the line.

OP
OP

go8soccer

First Name
gerrit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford f150 lightning lariat
Any Update from the shop on repairs?
I got the truck back on Monday, April 22nd, and it has been flawless since then. It did end being a pretty long list of non-reusable parts (seals, that kind of thing). But the main thing was the parking brake actuator.
They told me they would send pictures of the broken part, but they never sent them, so that's a minor frustration... And I'm not going to keep pestering them about it.
On the bright side, they did reimburse me for the fuel that I used in the V-8 F-150 loaner they provided after I asked about it. All in all, 12 days for a pretty major repair.... I can't really complain at all. Thankful this happened under warranty, as this would've probably been a ~$5k repair if I had to pay out of pocket.
Sponsored