• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
2022 Lariat Lightning.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
2022 Lariat Lightning.
Extended range battery was optional on 22 Lariat. How much range did you have on a full charge on yours?

I am just curious if your kind of trip is possible on Standard battery.

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Extended range battery was optional on 22 Lariat. How much range did you have on a full charge on yours?

I am just curious if your kind of trip is possible on Standard battery.
I have the ER battery. Trips like mine just take planning and the right apps. I used the EA and PlugShare apps. I was charging on average every 250 to 275 miles. My goal was to have at least a 50 mine buffer at each charge in case a station was down. There are plenty of level 2 chargers all around and plenty of motels and hotels with chargers. A standard battery trip like mine is doable and will be easier once the Tesla adapter is made available for the Supercharger network.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Last month I did 650 miles in one day in my SR pro. It was FAR more enjoyable than the tile I did 400 miles in my eGolf.
Would love more range, but the SR did great. Probably cost me an extra 45 min of time vs the ER. And if for would have made the pack voltage ~ 50V higher (ie, 190-210kW charging), that would have offset my 45 min SR penalty.

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
I have the ER battery. Trips like mine just take planning and the right apps. I used the EA and PlugShare apps. I was charging on average every 250 to 275 miles. My goal was to have at least a 50 mine buffer at each charge in case a station was down.
What speed and type of roads were you driving 250-275 miles between charges? My longest was about a month ago. Left my Mom’s place in Maine with 100% charge and drove about 250 miles to near Hartford Ct. Charged with about 40 miles range. All highway, no traffic, speed limits were 65 and 70, I drove just a bit over the speed limit everywhere. That day I drove 620 miles with two charges, not planning on arriving home with any reserve. Ended up hitting some bad traffic and had 50-60 left when I got home.

I DCFC to 80%, and only plan on 200 miles in between to ensure a 40-50 mile reserve.

just curious about your driving style to get that range regularly.

Scott

Sponsored

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
What speed and type of roads were you driving 250-275 miles between charges? My longest was about a month ago. Left my Mom’s place in Maine with 100% charge and drove about 250 miles to near Hartford Ct. Charged with about 40 miles range. All highway, no traffic, speed limits were 65 and 70, I drove just a bit over the speed limit everywhere. That day I drove 620 miles with two charges, not planning on arriving home with any reserve. Ended up hitting some bad traffic and had 50-60 left when I got home.

I DCFC to 80%, and only plan on 200 miles in between to ensure a 40-50 mile reserve.

just curious about your driving style to get that range regularly.

Scott
Stayed on the Interstate highways doing the speed limit. We did hit state roads some where necessary. We had good weather on the trip as we only had two days of driving in the rain over the three weeks on the road. We averaged 12 to 14 hour days. Found a nice tracking app, Bluelane, so our friends could follow us daily. Attached is a pic from that app.
Ford F-150 Lightning Farley & Ford Execs Traveling the American West in F-150 Lightning IMG_0567.PNG

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Last month I did 650 miles in one day in my SR pro. It was FAR more enjoyable than the tile I did 400 miles in my eGolf.
Would love more range, but the SR did great. Probably cost me an extra 45 min of time vs the ER. And if for would have made the pack voltage ~ 50V higher (ie, 190-210kW charging), that would have offset my 45 min SR penalty.
A new max range I can quote to people!

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I drove out to the Pittsburgh area this past weekend and returned home the next day, was about 670 miles and aside from my friend charging the truck for me overnight there were 5 DCFC stops for the entire trip, and realistically only needed 4.

Waited 40min in line to charge at one stop on the way out and 20 minutes at the same station on the way back home to DE. That was really the only annoyance I had with stopping to charge. I think my SR peaked at 169kW at one station? Either way most were 20 minute sessions.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Let's hope (or not) they are very experienced with Plugshare and know to dig back through the actual text of the reviews. I have had plenty of issues at charging stops rated a '10'.
Oh you just hit one of my biggest pet peeves!!! There is an EA station in Manchester, NH that has a 9.4 rating. Since I picked up my truck last November, there hasn't been a time that all 4 chargers have been available. Last week they were free for a few days because the charge rate was so pathetic. It's frustrating.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A new max range I can quote to people!
‘I assume you are kidding but just in case, he said 650 in one day but not in one charge.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waited 40min in line to charge at one stop on the way out and 20 minutes at the same station on the way back home to DE.
Most charging stations don’t have a good system for people to make a line. Any issues with people trying to cut in line? We’re and chargers down at that station or it was just a busy day?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Most charging stations don’t have a good system for people to make a line. Any issues with people trying to cut in line? We’re and chargers down at that station or it was just a busy day?
That place had 4 stations and one was down, turns out it was down since last Thursday. Multiple people tried calling EA and it'd get rebooted/reset with no change.

It's also a bit of a busy one since it's seemingly the only DCFC spot between Carlisle and Pittsburgh, so that didn't help. When we finished charging up there were 5 cars in line.

There were a few oblivious folks that would drive right past the line of us and then got the hint when people gave them some looks.....I do think a Lightning of all things cut a few people off when I had already been charging so I wasn't paying too much attention.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forgot I took a pic while waiting initially...there was also a Kia trying to charge up and had apparently been plugged in for a few hours.

Ford F-150 Lightning Farley & Ford Execs Traveling the American West in F-150 Lightning JXtYvmm

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Forgot I took a pic while waiting initially...there was also a Kia trying to charge up and had apparently been plugged in for a few hours.

JXtYvmm.jpg
Bedford, PA? Next to a Sheetz?