• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I pay no attention to the PlugShare station ratings. I read the reviews to see who has charged successfully, on which chargers, and when.
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Seems Farley and others will find out about the challenges of charging on the road. Sort of hope he has challenges rather than an easy time...

https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/ford-ceo-farley-going-on-road-trip-with-ford-f-150-lightning/
The trick will be if Farley has to use the FordPass app himself, or if he has an engineer from Ford in the Lightning to run the app for him. Only if Farley has to use the FordPass app himself will we all benefit from this excursion.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Lol. There was 1 charger down on my way to Baltimore last October. 2 down on the way back.
Lol that checks out...Carlisle had one down too, and that station had a big truck event at the Carlisle Fairgrounds so it managed to take 30 minutes to go the mile or so off the PA Turnpike before getting to that Sheetz

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That is indeed the one!
Not a fan of this one. I seem to always get a de-rated charger...

The only one I have more issues with is the one in Scranton.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Not a fan of this one. I seem to always get a de-rated charger...

The only one I have more issues with is the one in Scranton.
The first one(furthest left) was hanging out at 70kW for a few and then doubled immediately, trickled down to 100kW for the last few percent but it was also like 90* out on Sunday and the handle was a bit toasty feeling.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The first one(furthest left) was hanging out at 70kW for a few and then doubled immediately, trickled down to 100kW for the last few percent but it was also like 90* out on Sunday and the handle was a bit toasty feeling.
I usually get stuck at ~30kW

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I wonder if Farley will be driving an F-150 with the new NACS socket standard, or will he be using an adapter, or will he be CCS all the way?

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I wonder if Farley will be driving an F-150 with the new NACS socket standard, or will he be using an adapter, or will he be CSS all the way?
He would be tone deaf if he did option 1 or option 2. So he won't.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GuyInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
The trick will be if Farley has to use the FordPass app himself, or if he has an engineer from Ford in the Lightning to run the app for him. Only if Farley has to use the FordPass app himself will we all benefit from this excursion.
If someone could tweet/X or whatever at him to suggest he do the entire charging process himself, that'd be nice. (I don't tweet/X or use other socials.)

Thanks

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Until I get it on my truck it is just vaporware, but he demonstrates BC v1.3. Confirms that it runs on current hardware, although we have already been told that. Hoping Ford will get it together and start getting it pushed out soon.

The video shows a lane change initiated by turning on the blinker.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Lol that checks out...Carlisle had one down too, and that station had a big truck event at the Carlisle Fairgrounds so it managed to take 30 minutes to go the mile or so off the PA Turnpike before getting to that Sheetz
Last fall I was in Mechanicsburg and randomly checked plugshare the night before leaving, and found out Carlisle EA was going down for a few weeks for replacement that day. I had to sit for over 2 hours at a Harley dealer 25kw charge point so that I could make it to Bedford.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Until I get it on my truck it is just vaporware, but he demonstrates BC v1.3. Confirms that it runs on current hardware, although we have already been told that. Hoping Ford will get it together and start getting it pushed out soon.

The video shows a lane change initiated by turning on the blinker.

GDN....what's a blinker?

/NewEnglander/

• Haha
Reactions: GDN