• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for confirming. So as of now they are not turned on in the Tesla app but when they are there will be 16 V3 pedestals with Magic Docks within about a half mile of the PA Turnpike exit 48-Allegheny Valley.
I wish they would put them on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Along with Ohio and Indiana. It would be nice to use the service Plazas.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I need to drive on Tuesday from just outside Philly to Cleveland. I assume I could charge on the PA Turnpike but Mapquest says it is quicker to take I 476 to Hazleton, and then take I 80 to Cleveland. OH.

I will need really good, reliable fast chargers. What experiences have you had with chargers going PA Turnpike or I 80 between these 2 locations? I do have an ER.
Also is there a good fast charger near Souderton, PA? Looking forward to being able to use Tesla Superchargers because I have driven Teslas since 2017 and have never had difficulty finding Superchargers, and they have always been reliable.

Also do any readers have local knowledge of good DC fast chargers in the Shaker Heights part of Cleveland?
If you do the PA Turnpike to Harrisburg then up Rt 322, you have the Carlisle EA, State College EA, then DuBois and Clarion on I80. I've used Carlisle, State College and DuBois with good results but those things can change in a minute. Check PlugShare. DuBois for an example had been rock solid and rarely used until earlier this summer when it was reported down for a couple weeks.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I was in that area last year. There is an EVgo station just down the street from there behind a Sheetz. It worked well for me. Plugged in and went across the street and ate at the McDonald's.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I wish they would put them on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Along with Ohio and Indiana. It would be nice to use the service Plazas.
There are fast chargers coming to Oakmont plaza, both Summerset plazas (4 more in addition to the existing teslas) and Sideling hill plaza through NEVI funds, just off the top of my head.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
OP here. We were actually starting from just N of Philly. The nav system appeared to have chosen I 80 but changed its mind and had us use the PA turnpike.
Observations: we were directed to Sheetz stations for all charging. Sheetz food options are extremely limited. I like Tesla Autopilot much much more than BlueCruise. In 40 degree weather we used about 1.4 miles per kW. At Sheetz, there is usually a coice of charging speeds, like 50 or 150 or where the Bolts plug, 350 kW. One reason I look forward to universal MagicDocks is that the Sheetz locations are often miles away from Interstate highway exits. Also the driver’s window would not close all the way. That meant it was too noisy to listen to audio all the way from Philly to Cleveland but I think the windshield wipers are great, had hard rain almost the whole drive. And this morning I learned of the “fix” for that (and it worked).

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The Supercharger with Magic Docks at the station in Harmarville, PA was turned on today. I tried it out and it work. Charged at about 125 kW at a very expensive $0.55/kWh. There was a Tesla tech there working on the system. He told me this was on of the first installations to have pedestals with Magic Docks pre-installed in them. My Lightning was the first CCS vehicle to charge there. The short cables are really a problem.

Ford F-150 Lightning fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH? IMG_7401

Ford F-150 Lightning fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH? IMG_7391

Ford F-150 Lightning fast chargers on I 80 from Hazleton, PA to Cleveland, OH? IMG_7407
Sponsored