• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First power outage after the sunrun install

Kuhlio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat Extended Range
First post ever...

Power went out for about 7 hours. Really hot day in the Sacramento area. This was the first time I was able to try the intelligent backup system. Once I figured out how to turn it on, it worked great. Ran my home AC and everything. Saved us from a brutal night.

The best part was, when the power came on at 2am, I went out to turn the truck off and it was charging itself again.

I tried to post a video I took during the outage but the video is too large. It's posted in the lightning forum on Reddit if you are interested.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
What did you do to “turn it on?” It’s supposed to activate automagically.
And why was the truck running requiring you to turn it off when the power came back on?

Just curious.

OP
OP

Kuhlio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat Extended Range
What did you do to “turn it on?” It’s supposed to activate automagically.
And why was the truck running requiring you to turn it off when the power came back on?

Just curious.
So, I didn't have the truck plugged in when the power went out so I'm not sure if it would have just started working; however, I did have to reconnect the car to the station via the charge station app. For some reason it had lost connection from when I connected it during testing at the end of the install.

I do think that you have to press the start button on the truck for it to work. At least, that's what they told me at install.

I didn't have to turn it off since it was just charging itself anyway. But I felt nervous leaving it on until the morning. I'm definitely not an expert.

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had a power outage and mine did kick on automagically, and shut off and started recharging as well
I had to get a soft start for my AC and that also continued to work
Before getting the soft start, my AC would not kick on with a 75A LRA rating- now pulls only 21A on start
Sponsored