• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford has data on Pro-Power usage?

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
Just read an article on F-150 Pro-Power usage in the Houston area. Interesting maps in the article. Guess Ford knows when/how much pro-power is used.
From Houston Chronicle:
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford has data on Pro-Power usage? beryl_propower
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In Ford we trust.

[Brave New World]

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford knows that info, and a lot more info.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I always get a kick when people are concerned about the data a company might have, yet complain when a company doesn't fix something software related fast enough... being in the tech industry and old programmer, you can't fix software if you don't have the data... of course once you have data marketing starts to drool... anyway just remember unless you give up your phone(always connected) Google and Apple know more about you than the government and most other commercial enterprises combined...

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I always get a kick when people are concerned about the data a company might have, yet complain when a company doesn't fix something software related fast enough... being in the tech industry and old programmer, you can't fix software if you don't have the data... of course once you have data marketing starts to drool... anyway just remember unless you give up your phone(always connected) Google and Apple know more about you than the government and most other commercial enterprises combined...
I'm not concerned about what data they have, my conern is how the data is used and their "privacy" conditions don't exactly engender a lot of confidence. I'm an old programmer too which is why I take a lot of steps to create as small a digital footprint as possible.

My phone is rooted, I use a firewall, Adaway (which create a 4 MB hosts file with 155,156 entries), App Manager (which allows for the low level control over all apps and privs) and a VPN on my router and on the phone.

Also, I use the host file from my phone on my PC, I've uninstalled all the Windows telemetry crap (and the regular Windows crap) and/or blocked the IP the apps talk to and my own domains and email service provider that's in Australia. All in, it cost like $90 a year, small money to keep Google from reading my email.

No, I haven't bought a tin foil beenie but only because I can't find one with a good "floating" ground ... LOL :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think most of us don't care much about 'general' data, but we DO care mostly about 'personal' data... and, unfortunately, the two are many times along the same pathways.

No, I don't necessarily want ANYONE to know my daily comings and goings, but I DO want Ford to 'know' any issues with my software/equipment/hardware/truck and 'fix' that immediately - I guess that's where 'giving up' data is helpful.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'm not concerned about what data they have, my conern is how the data is used and their "privacy" conditions don't exactly engender a lot of confidence. I'm an old programmer too which is why I take a lot of steps to create as small a digital footprint as possible.

My phone is rooted, I use a firewall, Adaway (which create a 4 MB hosts file with 155,156 entries), App Manager (which allows for the low level control over all apps and privs) and a VPN on my router and on the phone.

Also, I use the host file from my phone on my PC, I've uninstalled all the Windows telemetry crap (and the regular Windows crap) and/or blocked the IP the apps talk to and my own domains and email service provider that's in Australia. All in, it cost like $90 a year, small money to keep Google from reading my email.

No, I haven't bought a tin foil beenie but only because I can't find one with a good "floating" ground ... LOL :)
Lol...maybe I can find that tin foil beenie for you... and while your digital footprint is probably smaller than most, I'll bet it's big enough that it has all the info anyone might ever want... the geenie got out of the lamp a long time ago... just saying ;)

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Lol...maybe I can find that tin foil beenie for you... and while your digital footprint is probably smaller than most, I'll bet it's big enough that it has all the info anyone might ever want... the geenie got out of the lamp a long time ago... just saying ;)
There's the fun factor too :)
Sponsored