First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good point about future proofing coming from Tom's video!

@tommolog

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

@tommolog

Yes!
Tom is very correct this is the way charging should be incentivized! @tommolog thank you for being a forward thinking advocate for EV owners. I look at it kind of like my cell phone. I use it all day and then charge it while I sleep and it is full in the morning when I wake up and go about my day.

CAVUBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
Complimentary installation is a nice touch, but the FCSP is still not a great option. It's overkill since most new owners (2024's) can't take advantage of the 80 amps. And FordPass is awful for connecting to it. I haven't been able to change my charge rate since before 5.0 came out. Maybe Ford has a back log they need to get rid off?
Zprime29,

Here’s a thought experiment for 2024 Lightning owners who “need” (I don’t) the 80A charging speed for their Lightning lifestyle. Could a second charger be added?

I know most things can be done with enough money thrown at them, but could this be a reasonable modification? Someone must have tried this already. đź«Ł

CAVUBob

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Just DocuSigned my purchase tonight to get the incentives that expired 9/30. Won't pickup my Lightning until tomorrow. Looks like they may have dropped the 0% 60 month financing, so I'm probably better off anyway. You can get a $2000 incentive instead of taking the charger and installation and there's a $1000 retail incentive, but it appears no 0% unless they add that back in by morning. So the 1.9% interest blows the whole deal compared to the September incentives even after taking the $3000 in new incentives.

Zed

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum Rapid Red
I got to attend the media briefing that Ford gave on this program last week, very exciting! I think it’ll drive adoption and help convert some of the skeptics and people that are hesitant… and more EV adoption benefits everyone!

I made sure to ask how the Ford Power Promise will help current Ford EV owners. The program is obviously geared towards new buyers, but Ford said we can also take advantage of the 24/7 customer support and improved roadside assistance.

We can register at: http://owner.ford.com/

PS — I assume Ford invited me because I’m help run the Midwest F-150 Lightning Owners Club… getting access to these kinds of events is another reason to join and be active in your local club!
I logged onto the owner page you linked and am not seeing where to register. Is this something in addition to having the owner account, which I set up when I bought my Lightning?

Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Extremely helpful, I hope other EV manufacturers follow suit.
I’m glad this is a Ford thing, and not a taxpayer funded thing. My hat is off to the guys at Ford for following through on this.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Zprime29,

Here’s a thought experiment for 2024 Lightning owners who “need” (I don’t) the 80A charging speed for their Lightning lifestyle. Could a second charger be added?

I know most things can be done with enough money thrown at them, but could this be a reasonable modification? Someone must have tried this already. đź«Ł

CAVUBob
A couple have asked here, I don't think it will be possible. Even if you add the hardware, you'd then need to update the BMS to manage the extra charger. It's a tall order and really not much gained for the effort. 48A charging really is quite adequate. The only times I like having the 80A are if I forget to plug in at night after a long day and wake up to a 30% or less battery. Often still enough range for my daily commute but I don't like pushing it below 15% so that extra bit of power is nice for a quick bit of extra go juice.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
As far as future proofing is concerned. What happens if your next EV comes with NACS? Rip out FCSP and install a new charger?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
As far as future proofing is concerned. What happens if your next EV comes with NACS? Rip out FCSP and install a new charger?
Isn't there an adapter for level 2 [J1772 to NACS] ?
I'd assume the Tesleratti have this all figured out eons ago.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
Isn't there an adapter for level 2 [J1772 to NACS] ?
I'd assume the Tesleratti have this all figured out eons ago.
There is such an adapter (and it's not expensive), but as has been posted here, Tesla owners haven't been able to to make FCSP work with them.
Sponsored