• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass 5.0.2, Target Charge not taking

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Today I triggered a manual “charge to” session today with a 70% target. Went for a drive and to my surprise it was at 92%…. And I’m sure would have went right to 100% if I hadn’t been happening to be going for a random drive. What a joke. Cmon @Ford Motor Company do better.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
A few days ago, according to the v5.02 FordPass app, I could change the charge rate, e.g., from 48 A to 40 A and back. The app "confirmed" my changed settings had been saved. However, when I charge I no longer get the yellow bar on the right of the flashing blue LED that indicates I am not charging at the full hardware-set rate of 80 A. Since the "new" FordPass app still gives ludicrous charge parameters, it's hard to tell without running CarScanner as I charge what rate the FCSP is running at. See below:

IMG_0970_EDT.PNG

They must be smoking something good at FMC...

Also, after about a week of having FordPass report my FCSP was "plugged in" or "charging," I've gone back to the old reliable "Connection Lost" with Ford servers in the past day or so. After close to a year of "Connection Lost" problems with the FCSP, you'd think Ford could straighten up and fly right. No such luck so far...
This is how tonights charging session log entry looks, pretty close what happened, but I've also seen the off the wall stat's like your screenshot shows.

note the end date shows June 16, 2024, but it was really the 15th Suspect UTC is being computed on the date value

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 5.0.2, Target Charge not taking 1718508148599-8i

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Mine just acts like it’s updating but never does. Keeps reverting to 100% after I select 90%. How can they get this so wrong in the FordPass development ART?

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 5.0.2, Target Charge not taking IMG_2450

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Mine just acts like it’s updating but never does. Keeps reverting to 100% after I select 90%.
I have the same problem. I resorted to setting an alarm on my phone as a reminder to stop charging. You could also set a one time charge limit from the truck.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem. I resorted to setting an alarm on my phone as a reminder to stop charging. You could also set a one time charge limit from the truck.
Which phone platform are folks with problems running?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Fordpass has issued another bug-fix 5.0.3 today to the Android population, hopefully it comes to IOS as well, and maybe we'll see some improvement with this issue!!!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
iOS 17.5.1, FordPass 5.02
same for me (iOS 17.5.1, FordPass 5.02) for my issue over the weekend where my manual charge blew right past the 70% limit setting.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I use android, but I haven't changed any settings beyond toggling departure time on and off (which seems to work fine). Truck has continued to stop at 70% for me. Sounds like I want to leave it alone until these bugs are worked out.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog's trick of editing the Charge Station name in the FordPass app v5.02 worked for me. I was able to downrate the charging rate from 80 A to 48 A and get a flashing blue LED on my FCSP while charging that has an orange bar on the right end, indicating the device is operating at less than the maximal charging rate. Car Scanner says instead of getting 17.2 kW delivered at 241 volts, I'm now getting 10.5 kW delivered at 239.0 volts.

One thing I accidentally learned in the process was that it helps to pay attention to what AP your phone and FCSP are both connected to. A week ago, I got a new TP-Link Deco Wi-Fi 7 mesh router system with three devices. I wrongly assumed my iPhone would automatically connect to the mesh device I was closest to. In my iPhone Wi-Fi settings, all three mesh devices just appear as a single SSID. One has to run the easy-to-understand but very powerful TP-Link Deco mesh app to decipher what's going on behind the scenes. While standing in the laundry room, though, a few feet from the satellite there, my iPhone still picked an "automatic" connection to the Family Room modem-connected mesh device 30 or 40 feet away, perhaps because there is almost a straight line of sight to that device and perhaps there is some "A.I." in automatic connections that decides on what mesh device one is likely to be around the most, etc. As soon as I told the Deco app that I wanted a manual, continual connection to the laundry room satellite mesh router, my problems connecting to the FCSP through FordPass and the Charge Station Pro Setup app disappeared (but I still had to employ TaxmanHog's editing trick to change the charging rate to what I wanted).

Last edited:

Bitterbrush

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F-150, 2015 Explorer, 2023 Lightning LariatER
Occupation
Pilot
I’m having the same issues. Nothing will make the FCSP make a change in charge amperage other than pulling the cover and turning the dial inside. Next I guess I’ll try reinstalling Fordpass.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog's trick of editing the Charge Station name in the FordPass app v5.02 worked for me.
Until it didn't... Don't know what happened. I changed my target charge from 50% to 80% for a Fourth of July trip. Next thing I know, when my FCSP kicks off in my designated charging window, it's charging again at 80 amps instead of 48 amps as I'd like it to during the summer heat in my garage.

Ford is really putting a lot of effort into developing an image of flaky, unreliable software. This is the all-new, improved FordPass 5.x app?! :rolleyes:

I tried editing the charge rate, then editing the charge station name several times. Each time the FP app said both the new charge rate was updated and the name of my charge station changed in the charge station settings page of the FP app. But the amount of amps coming out of my FCSP never did.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Seems the kludge I concocted isn't as dependable as I thought, wondering if we only get a limited number of tweaks per active charge session, now that I'm on a weekly charging routine, harder to test further, BUT ....... try making the adjustment after unplugging the truck, then test on next charging event, no guarantees, just an idea.
Sponsored