Sponsored

Fordpass issues with Location, charging information, Target Charge and other issues

mstriker513

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have several problems with the Ford Pass App and was wondering if anyone else was having any of these issues or knew how to resolve them. Shortly before I noticed the first issue, I took my truck into the dealer for 4 separate recall “programming updates”. The other issues were present both before and after the recent trip to the dealer. I have an Android phone, and tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it, but that did not fix any of these issues.

• I have used the “Location” feature successfully a few times to check on the location of my truck when I have left it at the dealer for service or when I have loaned my truck to someone else. For the last 2.5 weeks (since 10/10/24) my truck’s location has been “stuck” at a location that I was briefly at on 10/10/24. I have not been back to this location since 10/10, but the App shows my truck is still there, 17 days later (see the screen shot of this stuck location). I don’t see a way to reset this location feature.
  • The Energy tab shows charging information for the truck including some ‘real time’ stats on a currently active charging session. Unfortunately, I often find that the information on the current charging session is wrong, particularly if I have had multiple charging sessions in the same day or 24 hour period (like if I am on a road trip). It seems like the app gets confused with the multiple charging sessions in the same day, and lumps all of them into the same session, which then makes the data meaningless. See the screenshot of a charging session that shows me charging at a rate of 81kW for over 41 hours (not possible) and with 213 miles of range added yet nothing displayed for energy added (clearly the range and energy added stats disagree).
  • I have found the “Target Charge Level” is finicky to adjust. Typically I charge to 80%. At times I want to charge to 90% because I am going on a road trip and need the extra 10% range. Sometimes it is easy to adjust, and other times, I move it to show 90% but it reverts back to 80% as soon as I take my finger off the slider control on the app.
  • A helpful feature to add to the energy tab of the app would be to display the current cost of a public charging session. This seems like it would not be a difficult feature to add since the truck and the public charger are obviously communicating.
  • In general the app seems rather slow to me. For example, when trying to lock or unlock the car with the app, even when standing right next to the truck, it typically takes close to 10 seconds, and that is with my phone that is set up as a “Phone as a Key”.
  • I tried using the “submit feedback” feature on the app over a week ago, and did not get any sort of feedback or acknowledgement from the app over these first 2 issues.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass issues with Location, charging information, Target Charge and other issues FordPass screen shot of location
Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass issues with Location, charging information, Target Charge and other issues Fordpass screen shot of Energy Tab
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Are all your consents for data sharing on the Sync screen still active, you might want to toggle them off then back on to shake up the system, make sure any sub-menu approvals are also switched on.

Historic charging records have been more reliable in version 5 of FP, but I have had missing records once or twice, I attribute it to Ford cloud datacenter issues. (can't prove it except when several folks mention the situation covering the same time period)

Charging SOC adjustment, supposedly a few users reported recently the slider works better for them with v5.7.0 (I'm still on 5.6.0) personally it would not work with 5.0.0 so I ignore the temporary adjuster and go directly to the energy tab, and just set a revised Target Charge SOC limit, obviously I have to adjust it down when no longer needed.

These are the quirks of Ford software, adapt and overcome, wish it weren't the case but it's what I do to make do.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
In addition to the excellent advice in post 2, if you want to be certain your charge settings take, make them directly in the truck. That eliminates the path FordPass —> Ford servers —> truck. Too many things can and do go wrong there.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
May want to reboot the Sync screen.

With the truck on, hold the Volume down and advance button (arrow pointing right) at the same time on the steering wheel until sync reboots.

If that doesn't help then removing the ground wire from 12V battery for about a minute should reboot all the truck modules. Others here have reported this will cure many quirks on the truck.
Sponsored