• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As many of us know, these points used to expire after a year. Then, as I recall last spring, it was changed to 2 years. Now, effective 10/1/24, it's going to 18 months.

"We at Ford setup a taskforce, and focused a great deal of energy in determining the perfect expiration period for these points" said Jim Farley, CEO. "Yes, we could have delivered BlueCruise 1.4, but it wasn't "summer" yet as I promised last year, so we decided to let that wait while we made this important change. This changes removes the liability from Ford's books, and is nothing but negative positive for our treasured Ford customers."

There’s been an update to the FordPass® Rewards Points* expiration policy.
Effective October 1, 2024, the Points of FordPass Rewards members who don't have a FordPass Rewards Visa® will expire after 18 months of inactivity in their FordPass Rewards account instead of 24 months. This means if a member has not earned Points, completed a Tier Activity** or redeemed Points for 18 months, their balance will expire.
This update does not apply to FordPass Rewards Visa cardholders.
Your current Points will expire on 11/7/2025 unless you earn or redeem Points before then.† We'll remind you as that date gets closer.

*Must have an activated FordPass® Rewards account within 60 days of qualifying activity to receive FordPass Rewards Points. Points are not redeemable for cash and have no monetary value. Point earning and redemption values are approximate and vary by products and services redeemed. See FordPass Rewards Program Terms at FordPassRewards.com regarding expiration, redemption, forfeiture, and other limitations on FordPass Rewards Points.
**Tier Activity limitations apply. Must have an activated FordPass Rewards account within 60 days of qualifying activity to receive Tier Activity. See FAQs for details.
†This is the earliest possible date of expiration. Processing of the expiration may take up to five days.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Can someone interrupt what Jim is saying about BC 1.4 delivery? Seems like I remember him telling us it would be delivered last year, not this summer.

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER - 2014 Escalade Platinum
Occupation
Accredited Investor
As many of us know, these points used to expire after a year. Then, as I recall last spring, it was changed to 2 years. Now, effective 10/1/24, it's going to 18 months.

"We at Ford setup a taskforce, and focused a great deal of energy in determining the perfect expiration period for these points" said Jim Farley, CEO. "Yes, we could have delivered BlueCruise 1.4, but it wasn't "summer" yet as I promised last year, so we decided to let that wait while we made this important change. This changes removes the liability from Ford's books, and is nothing but negative positive for our treasured Ford customers."

Effective October 1, 2024, the Points of FordPass Rewards members who don't have a FordPass Rewards Visa® will expire after 18 months of inactivity in their FordPass Rewards account instead of 24 months. This means if a member has not earned Points, completed a Tier Activity** or redeemed Points for 18 months, their balance will expire.
Your current Points will expire on 11/7/2025 unless you earn or redeem Points before then.† We'll remind you as that date gets closer.

*Must have an activated FordPass® Rewards account within 60 days of qualifying activity to receive FordPass Rewards Points. Points are not redeemable for cash and have no monetary value. Point earning and redemption values are approximate and vary by products and services redeemed. See FordPass Rewards Program Terms at FordPassRewards.com regarding expiration, redemption, forfeiture, and other limitations on FordPass Rewards Points.
**Tier Activity limitations apply. Must have an activated FordPass Rewards account within 60 days of qualifying activity to receive Tier Activity. See FAQs for details.
†This is the earliest possible date of expiration. Processing of the expiration may take up to five days.
I have and almost always use the FordPass Visa - however - for many it seems like 18 months is restrictive.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I have and almost always use the FordPass Visa - however - for many it seems like 18 months is restrictive.
I mean , all you have to do is bring in your vehicle once every 18 months for an "ev service, "oil change" or state inspection if your state requires one and that covers a tier activity or will earn you points which then stop your existing points from expiring . For me, one visit to the dealer every 18 months isn't restrictive.

Also remember that certain connected services give you points each month , which would also prevent your points from expiring.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also remember that certain connected services give you points each month , which would also prevent your points from expiring.
Which ones?

Sponsored

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER - 2014 Escalade Platinum
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I mean , all you have to do is bring in your vehicle once every 18 months for an "ev service, "oil change" or state inspection if your state requires one and that covers a tier activity or will earn you points which then stop your existing points from expiring . For me, one visit to the dealer every 18 months isn't restrictive.

Agree it's doable - though more like another FMC finance/CS error similar to their stock in the wilderness for a decade - Farley clown show continues.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
The accountants are running the show.
Point are a liability on the books so hurt the 'bottom line.'
So it is a sign of their fiscal condition to some extent.

I hate that point expiration thing with some airlines that I fly on now and then (last time I checked):

United Airlines, Delta, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic - no expiration.
American Airlines - 24 months unless under 21 or for some CC holders

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/travel/when-do-your-frequent-flyer-miles-expire

When airlines delay me more than 1 hour, I always hit them up for compensation in points.

As of June 25, 2024, they MUST compensate for 'significant changes" in a flight:
https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...-07177/refunds-and-other-consumer-protections

Perhaps some regulation of points programs, like the Ford one, to protect plan participants from arbitrary expiration dates and date changes like what @Ford Motor Company just pulled, should be enacted?

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
It'd be great if we could actually redeem them online for parts, but every time I've tried to use my 42,000 points it just bogs down and asks me for a credit card for the whole sum...
Fix it Ford!
-Zap

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It'd be great if we could actually redeem them online for parts, but every time I've tried to use my 42,000 points it just bogs down and asks me for a credit card for the whole sum...
Fix it Ford!
-Zap
Has to be on the right website to use the points. I have.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Has to be on the right website to use the points. I have.
Same here - always been able to use the points - at 1st a couple of Ford finance clerks didn't know how - easy to insist they find someone - now using 2 years of free SiriusXM from points invoked online w/points' gift cards.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Ford and the rest of the car companies have been given carte blanche to hoover up as much info on you as they can and this is just another overreach to tie you into "them" so they can get more information on you.

I'll use my points up and will also use the least amount of Ford services as I can. We've used the Quicklane up the street that's associated with Sunnyside Ford for the last 20 years but there's lots of other options in a city of 180,000.

Jersey Devil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 XL
Occupation
Truck Driver

Was I supposed to get points for buying truck? I thought so so I had points acct created & opened but never got any points

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was I supposed to get points for buying truck? I thought so so I had points acct created & opened but never got any points
Yes, 22,000. Dealership needs the proper email address for your FordPass account.
Sponsored