• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
When charging at home before a road trip last week, there was a slider, and I just pushed it up to 100. DCFC on the road trip stopped at 90, could not find the setting to change that. I just hit stop on the EA unit when I got to 80%.
It's at 100%, it just won't charge. It is stuck at its current value with a button that says start but no actual charging. The truck had no error for messages for me and the charger is new. I'll keep trouble shooting and try to figure what's going on.

Edit: I unplugged and plugged the charger back in and it seems to be working again. Not sure why it stopped, but the app shows it charging again. Closest thing I could think of is maybe the charger shut itself off for some reason? I have solar panels so on a sunny day my voltage pushes 249V and maybe that caused an issue. It's a Dewalt charger. I'll keep an eye on it.
Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
It's at 100%, it just won't charge. It is stuck at its current value with a button that says start but no actual charging. The truck had no error for messages for me and the charger is new. I'll keep trouble shooting and try to figure what's going on.
I'm on IOS, and its working for me. Are you on Android?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I'm still not finding an update 5.0.1 in the android play store, I wonder if this was targeted to only IOS users?
I’m not sure exactly how android updates work vs iOS. Could there be a delay with the approval process through Google? Is Ford still working on a fix and hasn’t submitted it to Google yet? Does the Android app have the same issues that the iOS 5.0 version had? I’m just thinking out loud here.
In my experience submitting apps to both stores at the same time, usually Android drops immediately as soon as automated checks pass, iOS tends to take a little longer. Both will randomly get a more thorough review, and take a day or more. After approval both do a phased roll-out that can take a couple hours to a full day. All that being said, the widest gap I've seen in availability was an iOS version took about a day and a half longer than the android version. If you're not seeing it in the Play store when the iOS app dropped several days ago, either they didn't submit this version to Play, or your phone is running either tool old of a security update, or too old of "Play Services" check for any updates on your OS, and any updates for "Play Services"

It is completely different code in the iOS version than the android version. It makes sense that it would have different bug fix updates that don't appear at the same time.
Is it? This app's quirkiness and the consistency between the iOS and Android version scream either a React Native or Ionic app where the same source code is used to generate both apps. I don't know for sure, but I would expect these apps to share the same source code. However if there was a bug that only affected iOS or Android, it's very likely that the fix is only released for the affected version, and that version will be skipped on the other.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
However if there was a bug that only affected iOS or Android, it's very likely that the fix is only released for the affected version, and that version will be skipped on the other.
I think it's targeted to a critical IOS patch, my android is current, S24-Ultra, with all the latest phone OS, Samsung updates and Google Play services & apps updates posted, I'm fanatical about this.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Weekly charging results, now that it's nearly summer and I drive the Lightning only 5 of 7 days (M-F) the miles and energy consumption is modest. I just finished topping up from 71% to 90%
76 miles traveled, average 2.7 MPK, $9.13 or 12 cents a mile.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717188130762-b

90% of energy taken from the grid is stored to the HVB, with 10% conversion losses.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717186923809-k6

Active session record---------- Report after unplug (I love how it posts fast now)

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717187070322-4w
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717187146008-hy

Emporia reports, note the average energy flow is around 17.9 kW though FP shows only 16 kW

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717187207497-om
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717187282239-g6

FCSP report

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717187337173-vu
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717296521070-48

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think it's targeted to a critical IOS patch, my android is current, S24-Ultra, with all the latest phone OS, Samsung updates and Google Play services & apps updates posted, I'm fanatical about this.
I spoke to soon, the 5.0.1 update just received.
Location & Public Charging maps pull up with ease now.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717193477446-yv
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.3] bug-fix 1717193530725-pz

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
5.0.1 is on google play. I just installed. Don't see any changes.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
5.0.1 is on google play. I just installed. Don't see any changes.
The only thing I noticed was more reliable action when tapping the Location and Public Charge maps, previously they would rarely work.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Would be useful to allow you to input your cost per kWh for home charging and load the cost at SC's to track weekly/monthly costs.

Wife's Tesla is very convenient for keeping up with our monthly cost.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Still unable to change the climate controls through the app on my PRO. I really hope this feature isn't stuck behind higher trims...

Sponsored

Sean J

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER
23 Lariat ER, purchased a month ago. iOS 17.5.1, FordPass 5.0.1. The new app had been working well since its release. However, last night, location stopped updating. Also, I wasn't able to see the status of my charging session on the FordPass app.

At first, I thought I was looking at a modem issue, since the icon had disappeared from the display. I was prepared to dig into Fuse #32 and/or the 12v negative cable disconnect (but I wasn't looking forward to either, not being very savvy). The modem icon reappeared on the display this morning, so I uninstalled the FordPass app from my phone. Reinstalled, it reconnected, set up PAAK again, etc. The location updated correctly.

Drove a bit, parked at home, plugged in there (level 1, right now). The FordPass has again not updated the vehicle's location, and insists that the vehicle is on. (Of course, it isn't; but, it was the last time the location reported properly.) The modem icon is still visible, so I'm beginning to suspect the app more than the modem.

(And yes, I've done yet another complete uninstall of FordPass from iOS device, rebooted the phone, then reinstalled and reconnected, etc. No change.)

A few days ago, I was happy with the new FordPass app. Today? Not so much.

And shucks, I was just about to post a request to @rugedraw to check my VIN for update status. But this issue has instead reared its head, so I want to figure it out first.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
On my Fordpass app, the Vehicle Health status says GOOD. Is that good or is that just above FAIR, and short of EXCELLENT?

Does anyone know what the levels are? I would hope my truck's health was excellent. :unsure:

What is the health status of you guy's truck in the app?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No alerts or low tire pressures, mileage has not reached a service interval so I guess it's all "Good".

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
I miss the ability to enter self service actions in the service history (tire rotations, accessory installations, etc.) This is not limited to my Lightning, the option is also gone for my Bronco, Fusion, and Escape. Service that I did myself and previously recorded now shows as "previous owner."
Sponsored