• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720556049293-z7
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720556229015-z9
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I really like the real time charging information on Fordpass, and the ability to stop charging at a specific level of charge while drinking my coffee across the street; not sure if costs too will really be very helpful.

Bitterbrush

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F-150, 2015 Explorer, 2023 Lightning LariatER
Occupation
Pilot
Meh
I have neither the plug adaptor nor the Tesla software update. Stuck at 4.2.x.x

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Meh
I have neither the plug adaptor nor the Tesla software update. Stuck at 4.2.x.x
The update only enables Plug and Charge. You can still activate the SC stall via the Tesla app once you have the adapter. You should be able to activate it via the Fordpass app as well without P&C but I have only done that with EA and not Tesla.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Sizing of the vehicle avatar needs adjustment to accommodate the text field just above that zone.
Remember to allow for visual accessibility text sizing.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.2.0 -- Real-time charging costs @ Tesla Superchargers 1720620735298-e6

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I really like the real time charging information on Fordpass, and the ability to stop charging at a specific level of charge while drinking my coffee across the street; not sure if costs too will really be very helpful.
So if you have a choice of a charger for 35 cents per kWh and one for 65 cents per kWh, you don't care which you use?

The ability to say "give me the cheapest, reliable, DC fast charger over a certain speed" is an enhancement that ABRP needs.

I use ABRP for our trip planning. Sometimes, especially now with the Tesla Superchargers, there are choices of chargers that have high speed DC fast charging (I don't use a 125kW Chargepoint that's going to give me 62kW on a trip when I'm enroute). I look at the costs ahead of time, and if I see a noticeable difference I will pick the cheaper ones. For example, if Tesla keeps popping up on the plan, I look and see if it's cheaper than using EA. Since I would likely only take one of the network memberships for the trip, that leans me towards where I will save money.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
So if you have a choice of a charger for 35 cents per kWh and one for 65 cents per kWh, you don't care which you use?
The key word is "real time". I also use ARBP, and have already made the price decision before I park. However, you have made a good point to ensure the price has remained as posted on ARBP.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The key word is "real time". I also use ARBP, and have already made the price decision before I park. However, you have made a good point to ensure the price has remained as posted on ARBP.
I don't trust ABRP on pricing. I lookup the pricing on the network's app - EA, Tesla, etc. Some Tesla locations are time-specific-pricing. No app other than the network app is accurate in my experience.

As to real-time, I haven't played around to see if it displays the price at that time, without visibility to if you went earlier or later it might be cheaper. I can see that in the Tesla app.

And, some EA states are by the minute. That makes them MUCH CHEAPER than per kWh options.

Hopefully these prices are accurate. Public Charging / Charge Assist has been a joke on pricing, charger speed, and even charger availability. It says "charger unavailable" as I pull up, but I activate the charger just fine.

moose28X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
FordPass updated yesterday to version 5.2. Now everything in the Energy tab doesn't work. Every button I press the screen slides over like it is trying to open then nothing happens. I have deleted the app and tried to reinstall it, same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FordPass updated yesterday to version 5.2. Now everything in the Energy tab doesn't work. Every button I press the screen slides over like it is trying to open then nothing happens. I have deleted the app and tried to reinstall it, same problem. Anyone else having this issue?
This is referred to as an "Enhancement".

Delete Cache. Delete app. Reboot phone. Reinstall app.

Sponsored

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
There are reports on the Mach-E forum that IOS 18 Beta 3 is cause of this issue. Are you using the IOS developer beta?

moose28X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Yes, I was on IOS 18 Beta 3 before the update and everything worked. Was hoping that wasn't the cause because of that. Looking like I was wrong to make that assumption.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
IOS 17.5.1 FordPass 5.2 - everything is working fine for me.

Defiant81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Lightning
I just got the ford pass 5.2.0 and can confirm all of my charging stats are not working now besides showing the current charge. I'm only regular iOS 17.5.1..
Sponsored