• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front Motor Failure

JMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat+ Lightning Ordered
My truck just left me stranded away from home and is displaying a "Front Motor Failure - Service Vehicle Soon" message. It's probably coincidence but, as soon as I parked it, it popped up on the screen that an update was successful. I sure hope the update isn't what caused this and the issue is isolated to me. Sure wasn't planning to spend my Friday dealing with this!
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Its not uncommon for updates to cause a glitch with the front motor. Its usually fine after shutting it off for about 20-30 mins.

OP
OP

JMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. It was off for two hours after the update. I tried starting it a few times in a 45 minute period before giving up. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow morning. If that's true, I'll never let it update again if not sitting at my house!

Jaime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Had this happen right after an update. It went away after a couple power cycles (or some time passed).

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Watching & moved this to the ISSUES section, hopefully it's working normally for you today!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck just left me stranded away from home and is displaying a "Front Motor Failure - Service Vehicle Soon" message. It's probably coincidence but, as soon as I parked it, it popped up on the screen that an update was successful. I sure hope the update isn't what caused this and the issue is isolated to me. Sure wasn't planning to spend my Friday dealing with this!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

JMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure the update (6.14.0) bricked my Truck and there is no real issue with it. My truck was throwing all kinds of error messages this morning while waiting for the tow truck, e.g., "Steering assist fault - Service required", "Frunk ajar", "Stop safely now", "Pedestrian Sounder fault - Service Now", etc. It seems this update has caused problems for several people. I would recommend turning off automatic updates for those who haven't received it yet and performing a manual update when the truck is at home or letting the dealership handle this one.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
It seems this update has caused problems for several people.
Who else?

Also this update doesn't inhibit the truck so didn't brick it. And if an update does cause an issue it tells you, did yours?

Sponsored
OP
OP

JMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealership said the 12V battery was bad and causing all of the error messages. They replaced it and the truck is acting normal. I think the front motor failure message was a product of the update that others had experienced and would have gone away with time. My cycling of the start/stop that evening and the next morning is possibly what killed the 12V battery and caused all of the additional error messages.
Sponsored