• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SamStone

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Fitness Expert
I do a decent amount of driving and backing up in the dark and I felt like the standard backup lights were a bit weak. I purchased these on Amazon for about 40 bucks, including tax. They took me about an hour to install. There is already one mounting hole in your trailer hitch if you have a trailer hitch so I need to drill one more hole. I wired it into my back up lights for the trailer. So whenever I put the car in reverse these lights come on. It has made an incredible change, backing up in the dark is no longer in the dark. These are gonna make me happy in the winter where I drive to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Enjoy.

Ford F-150 Lightning Great Easy Lighting Mod (LED Pods Backup Lights) IMG_6326

Ford F-150 Lightning Great Easy Lighting Mod (LED Pods Backup Lights) IMG_6323

Ford F-150 Lightning Great Easy Lighting Mod (LED Pods Backup Lights) IMG_6324
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Can you please provide a photograph at night to illustrate the improved lighting? Thanks!

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
I wonder if just one would be effective?

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I do a decent amount of driving and backing up in the dark and I felt like the standard backup lights were a bit weak. I purchased these on Amazon for about 40 bucks, including tax. They took me about an hour to install. There is already one mounting hole in your trailer hitch if you have a trailer hitch so I need to drill one more hole. I wired it into my back up lights for the trailer. So whenever I put the car in reverse these lights come on. It has made an incredible change, backing up in the dark is no longer in the dark. These are gonna make me happy in the winter where I drive to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Enjoy.

IMG_6326.jpeg

IMG_6323.jpeg

IMG_6324.jpeg
What's the link? I might look into these.

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Spot's or floods?

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I did this to my 06 Taco years ago, really appreciated it over the years...will look into them for my lightning....

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

IMG_6326.jpeg

IMG_6323.jpeg

IMG_6324.jpeg
That's awesome, Sam! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP

SamStone

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Fitness Expert
Spot's or floods?
These seem to be more like a spot. For some people are flood would definitely be better.. these light up several hundred feet behind me. so I can see the whole alley I back down when I pull in. Part of this is just checking for scumbags.

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
The fact that there is no upper cutoff would piss me off if I was:
  • your neighbor across the street
  • someone in a parking lot behind you
  • anyone in the line of sight of these things
I think you should re-evaluate how you have these aimed (and possibly the product you're using and when you're using it).

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think you should re-evaluate how you have these aimed (and possibly the product you're using and when you're using it).
I can see how useful they could be for me when I back into my driveway, but as low as they are installed, they must be hard to aim to cover a useful area without blinding anyone behind the truck. Thank GOD they are not active during driving and they are just for Backup.

I can not stand being behind some cars at night (often Mercedes) because of their blinding rear lights. Manufacturers have to abide by Federal regulation so I am thinking those guys must have made some changes. They probably do the mod, forget about it and then wonder why they see more road rage around them.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-V/part-571/subpart-B/section-571.108

OP
OP

SamStone

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Fitness Expert
I’ll see if they cause any problems with my neighbors so far no one said a word. They would be very easy to place a new lens on them or to put some black tape across parts of them.. for the four seconds I’m using them. I’m sure it’s not gonna cause that big of a problem to anybody. I don’t want anyone blind. We get enough of that on the roads already.

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
I’ll see if they cause any problems with my neighbors so far no one said a word. They would be very easy to place a new lens on them or to put some black tape across parts of them.. for the four seconds I’m using them. I’m sure it’s not gonna cause that big of a problem to anybody. I don’t want anyone blind. We get enough of that on the roads already.
Hey Sam, they look great. Can you tell me which wires are the reverse ones or direct me to a schematic? For the trailer wiring.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I put a set of these on my previous 2013 Fx4. Loved 'em. The harness came with an optional switch that I was able to route through the firewall and mount to the dash. Super hand to be able to keep them powered while working outside the truck, or to flash a tailgater.
Sponsored