• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
May I ask what they found wrong with the rain sensing wipers? What did they do?
Sponsored

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
May I ask what they found wrong with the rain sensing wipers? What did they do?
So, they've never worked for me. When I took it in for my 10k tire rotation and inspection, somehow they noticed it was well. They said they ran a new line, POSSIBLY from the new heated steering wheel part they added?

I haven't confirmed it's working, because it hasn't rained yet.

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
So, they've never worked for me. When I took it in for my 10k tire rotation and inspection, somehow they noticed it was well. They said they ran a new line, POSSIBLY from the new heated steering wheel part they added?

I haven't confirmed it's working, because it hasn't rained yet.
I see... Thanks for the feedback-
I have been wondering if my rain sensing feature is working or not. Light to moderate rain... No wiper.
Something else to worry about! Lol

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I have been wondering if my rain sensing feature is working or not. Light to moderate rain... No wiper.
Similar here - set it off by hose sprinkling it & there is a Setting to activate it apparently.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
My understanding is that the wipers have to be on at least setting #1 and not off.

Sponsored

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I had my heating steering wheel installed today. The heated steering wheel works. Yeah! Unfortunately, they installed the wrong module. The issue is that there are currently three different steering wheel module part numbers: one NOT equipped with Auto Wipers OR Power Adjustable Steering Column; one Equipped with Power Adjustable Steering Column; and one Equipped with Auto Wipers. Unfortunately, Ford does not have a module equipped with Auto Wipers AND Power Adjustable Steering Column. I have both. My local dealer ordered the one with power adjustable steering only (ML3Z- 3F791-HB) and I lost the auto wipers. They are going to do more research.

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I had my heating steering wheel installed today. The heated steering wheel works. Yeah! Unfortunately, they installed the wrong module. The issue is that there are currently three different steering wheel module part numbers: one NOT equipped with Auto Wipers OR Power Adjustable Steering Column; one Equipped with Power Adjustable Steering Column; and one Equipped with Auto Wipers. Unfortunately, Ford does not have a module equipped with Auto Wipers AND Power Adjustable Steering Column. I have both. My local dealer ordered the one with power adjustable steering only (ML3Z- 3F791-HB) and I lost the auto wipers. They are going to do more research.
You made me immediately head to my garage to test this, since I just had the steering wheel heater installed and they said they fixed the auto wipers. My power adjustable steering wheel works. Now I just need to drive in some rain!

My dealer's solution was to "run a line" to get the auto wipers working. He didn't provide any additional details, but it sounds like they installed the one with a power adjustable steering wheel and added the line for the auto wipers. Or, the information you were given was incorrect.

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@KennyB123 You can easily test the auto wipers. Turn it on to the #3 or #4 setting. If auto wipers are working, it will wipe once and stop. If not, it will work like traditional intermittent wipers and wipe every 2-3 seconds.

Sponsored

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you find your paperwork to see what part # they ordered?

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you very much. Odd, you have the same part as me but mine is not working. I have confirmed the option is enabled in the settings. Grrr.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you very much. Odd, you have the same part as me but mine is not working. I have confirmed the option is enabled in the settings. Grrr.
I wonder if yours was fine during the time when the configurator was not working correctly

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
LOL - WTH?
Sponsored