• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Just got a call from my dealership, they have all my parts for the heated steering wheel upgrade, tail light bar replacement and the planned battery control module update.

They said should take a day of work, drop off at 9 and pickup at 5.

I have it scheduled for 11/8 and will report back on how it all goes.

This - plus the fix Ford did remotely for my connectivity issue and the latest OTA 6.3.0 updates feels like Christmas came a little early!
Related posts have some dealers not fixing the heated steering wheel because a 'Ford software update is needed' - I'm at Oct. 26ths 6.2 & my heated steering fix worked last week via dealer service - is 6.3 complete by anyone & what other misinformation is Ford putting out?
Sponsored

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Got most of my recalls done. On invoice they put that the Heated Steering Wheel and the Battery Module couldn’t be done due to part availability. Bummer. 😑

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Related posts have some dealers not fixing the heated steering wheel because a 'Ford software update is needed' - I'm at Oct. 26ths 6.2 & my heated steering fix worked last week via dealer service - is 6.3 complete by anyone & what other misinformation is Ford putting out?
Updated to 6.3 on October 28

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had this CSP done today. I was able to have a discussion with the tech about the software issue that briefly halted these installs. The software problem was not any of the recent OTAs. It was the software used by the tech to program the new module, which I took to mean the software that runs in the module, not the FDRS or any other software (but I’m not an FDRS guy so I’m sure I didn’t ask all the right questions).

He said the problem he had with other customers, and that he worked with the Ford engineers to resolve, was that after the faulty software install, the APIM was showing the heated steering wheel symbol, the symbol would activate (turn red) when pressed, but no heat was produced at the wheel. The problem was fixed last week with updated software. Mine was the second he had done with the new software. The first was on a truck where it didn’t work with the faulty software, then did with the updated software. Mine was a one and done deal, fortunately, since by then he had the updated software.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I had this CSP done today. I was able to have a discussion with the tech about the software issue that briefly halted these installs. The software problem was not any of the recent OTAs. It was the software used by the tech to program the new module, which I took to mean the software that runs in the module, not the FDRS or any other software (but I’m not an FDRS guy so I’m sure I didn’t ask all the right questions).

He said the problem he had with other customers, and that he worked with the Ford engineers to resolve, was that after the faulty software install, the APIM was showing the heated steering wheel symbol, the symbol would activate (turn red) when pressed, but no heat was produced at the wheel. The problem was fixed last week with updated software. Mine was the second he had done with the new software. The first was on a truck where it didn’t work with the faulty software, then did with the updated software. Mine was a one and done deal, fortunately, since by then he had the updated software.
Mine worked fine without the latest software update so the technician's comments seem wrong.

Sponsored

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I just took my ER Lariat in for the 10k tire rotation and inspection. Since I just moved across the country, I wanted to establish business with them before asking about all the recalls.

I must say, I couldn't be more impressed. They rotated the tires, switched out the dash mat, and ordered the parts for the tail lightbar and heated steering wheel.

ONE day later, (today) they call me telling me all the parts are in. We set up the repairs for next Tuesday. They are dropping off a rental at my house, and say they should have it done in a day and a half.

Oh, and in their inspection, they discovered the rain sensing wipers weren't doing any sensing, to which I can confirm. It just never bothered me. They are fixing that too.

Shout out to Russ Milne Ford. I'll update in a week or so if the heated steering wheel is fixed, but they didn't seem to have any issues getting parts for anything.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I just took my ER Lariat in for the 10k tire rotation and inspection. Since I just moved across the country, I wanted to establish business with them before asking about all the recalls.

I must say, I couldn't be more impressed. They rotated the tires, switched out the dash mat, and ordered the parts for the tail lightbar and heated steering wheel.

ONE day later, (today) they call me telling me all the parts are in. We set up the repairs for next Tuesday. They are dropping off a rental at my house, and say they should have it done in a day and a half.

Oh, and in their inspection, they discovered the rain sensing wipers weren't doing any sensing, to which I can confirm. It just never bothered me. They are fixing that too.

Shout out to Russ Milne Ford. I'll update in a week or so if the heated steering wheel is fixed, but they didn't seem to have any issues getting parts for anything.
Stay tuned since challenges develop over time! Did they charge for the tire rotation?

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Did you get any guidance on when the updated module will be in and what that PN is?
on the schedule for 1:30pm tomorrow. fingers crossed. again.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve been waiting a month for the parts to come in for the steering wheel. I talked to my service advisor today and according to his parts manager the module that is needed is obsolete and a new part number is replacing it. Has anyone else heard this? They are waiting for an update from Ford and I’ll try to get the PN they are having a problem with.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I’ve been waiting a month for the parts to come in for the steering wheel. I talked to my service advisor today and according to his parts manager the module that is needed is obsolete and a new part number is replacing it. Has anyone else heard this? They are waiting for an update from Ford and I’ll try to get the PN they are having a problem with.
No mine was fixed easily 3 weeks ago! However, it may be your parts' needs are different & I attach a pause notice that came out after my completion - best of luck!
Ford F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06 2023_Heated_Steering_Pause_Ford

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I bought my Lariat ER (511A) in August. Was told at that time that I would get the heated steering wheel installed once the parts are available.

Today, I am told that my truck isn't compatible with the heated steering wheel, but that my dealership will be advocating for me with Ford Canada. Not sure what this all means.

Has anyone had this experience before? I bought the truck on the understanding that I would get a heated steering wheel. I signed an acknowledgment form indicating as such (albeit, this was not an "agreement" since I was the only who signed it).

Am I SOL?
Sponsored