• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help with Audio Issue (FDRS)

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I have the issue of no audio and the volume control permanently at zero. I just ran FDRS and the following issues come up (see photo). Any recommendations on how I should proceed?

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with Audio Issue (FDRS) IMG_4361
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One thought since the Ford dealer looked at me with indifference and said they would get to it when then can and lots of people are waiting:

Maybe I can reprogram the modules?

The ACM DTC says "ACM responded negatively". Any thoughts?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the issue of no audio and the volume control permanently at zero. I just ran FDRS and the following issues come up (see photo). Any recommendations on how I should proceed?

IMG_4361.jpeg
Good morning! If you'd like additional assistance, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this audio concern. Thank you!

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will take you up on that assistance and send a PM. For the time being, I'll keep the dealer name in PM only, as I dropped the car off this morning. I will say that they were very nice this morning and I know some if these things are not within their control. My gut says that the ACM and a few other modules may need to be replaced (see issues list below).

Issues:
-No Sound, Sync 15" volume dial stuck at zero (ACM flipped to Purple a few days ago, and neither PMI nor configuration routines work)
-Wireless charger starts charging, then stops, then starts, then stops (I got a sync notice once that it thought my USB-C apple phone charger cable was a media device - that was weird)
-Ford Navigation does not seem to know where the car is
-Tailgate step pops up after driving the car

My biggest concern is that there will be no"stock" of modules and it will takes weeks to fix.

Good morning! If you'd like additional assistance, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this audio concern. Thank you!
Ford F-150 Lightning Help with Audio Issue (FDRS) IMG_4361

Ford F-150 Lightning Help with Audio Issue (FDRS) IMG_4378

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I noticed that a few days ago you posted you did a lot of FDRS updates yourself including the APIM. Did your issues above start then? If so, maybe a bad APIM update??

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the car back from the dealer today. It seems to resolved. It sounds like there were some loose connections, and then a bit of reprogramming. In any case, I am pleased now and can get back to enjoying the car!

Shoutout and thanks to Ford of Kirkland!
Sponsored

Last edited: