• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to : AM radio (before future SW update)

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Someone else said it but I thought I’d show some screenshots. I couldn’t figure out how to access AM from the infotainment screen, as my selections were only FM and SiriusXM
Ford F-150 Lightning How to : AM radio (before future SW update) IMG_5675

But if you use the steering wheel selector, you can select multiple things to display on the center of the dashboard screen. Select Audio. Then click on AM.
Ford F-150 Lightning How to : AM radio (before future SW update) IMG_5682

AM will then pop up on the infotainment screen, use the keypad and enter the radio stations, and hold and save them.
Ford F-150 Lightning How to : AM radio (before future SW update) IMG_5674

hope this helps.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
There must be some update that enables AM selection via the IP. AM is not displayed for me when I follow your steps.

OP
OP

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
There must be some update that enables AM selection via the IP. AM is not displayed for me when I follow your steps.
It doesn’t display when you select audio on the steering wheel?

if not, you possibly don’t yet have the software update that enables AM radio

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Too bad you can't rearrange the radio presets by simply sliding the tiles. Or can you?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Too bad you can't rearrange the radio presets by simply sliding the tiles. Or can you?
I don't think so. But I move tiles by first selecting the tile I want to move, then hold down on the place I want to go. This effectively saves the station to that tile.

This does wipe out the tile/station you held down on, so duplicate it somewhere first (or just reenter it.)

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It doesn’t display when you select audio on the steering wheel?

if not, you possibly don’t yet have the software update that enables AM radio
Correct.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Wish I could disable FM too. Half the time I try to get a not-garbage source of audio working, it switches to FM by default, which has no antenna on my truck, so it's just static.

NGBCFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
Someone else said it but I thought I’d show some screenshots. I couldn’t figure out how to access AM from the infotainment screen, as my selections were only FM and SiriusXM
IMG_5675.jpeg

But if you use the steering wheel selector, you can select multiple things to display on the center of the dashboard screen. Select Audio. Then click on AM.
IMG_5682.jpeg

AM will then pop up on the infotainment screen, use the keypad and enter the radio stations, and hold and save them.
IMG_5674.jpeg

hope this helps.
This was very helpful, thank you! I listed to our sports radio station regularly and the HD FM feed isn't available consistently. I had no idea AM was even an option until this post.
Sponsored