Sponsored

How to find Production Number based on color?

SyntheticCoyote

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Hey guys just wondering if you know how to find the exact production number your Lightning is based on the color. I had this with an old Mazda years ago and was just curious about it.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys just wondering if you know how to find the exact production number your Lightning is based on the color. I had this with an old Mazda years ago and was just curious about it.
The Color has no link to production sequence numbers, but I'm not certain I understand your question, is it the head count by model year and colors built?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

OhSugar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro
My understanding is the production number is the last 6 digits of the vin. Wondering if others can confirm this.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My understanding is the production number is the last 6 digits of the vin. Wondering if others can confirm this.
last five numerals are assigned in ascending sequence as the orders are selected from the orders pool, this happens during "assignment of an order to the build week" though when an actual blend day for that or an adjusted build week is in constant flux, every Tuesday they rebalance to buildables based in real time / just in time supplies and defer unbuildable VINs to later weeks when they can't meet goal.

When they schedule the actual production week, the vin's last five numerals have zero / no /nil impact on what is built by the minute / hour / day.

Take a look at this sample of production from MY22 & start of MY23, I pre sorted it in Blend day and Build week order, look at the last 6 column (the G is not important) but I didn't understand that when designing this table.

F-150 Lightning Order data - Google Sheets

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
The Color has no link to production sequence numbers, but I'm not certain I understand your question, is it the head count by model year and colors built?
If you zoom in, you can see the metallic flakes in the paint actually form a 'Connect The Dots' sequence with the build order.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm lost .......
Sponsored