Instrument cluster display loses "sync" with Sync4 - Lagged Data

5NTowToGo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4
Anyone else seeing this odd one? It seems to be a consistent bug in my new rig.

The instrument cluster info screen lags the center console 12" in updating and the lag time gets longer as the trip goes on. It affects the song title display (Apple Play) AND much worse, NAV "next event" words and graphic instructions.

Said another way, after a certain point in the trip the song title and the next turn instructions can be 5-10+ minutes "behind" what's real -- instrument cluster (lagged) vs. the larger Sync4 main screen (real-time). It's showing increasingly lagged data.

Seems to reset on car restart. And then the lag times begin to grow again.

Brand new truck (F-150 XLT Screw 4x4). Started after 2nd-3rd trip-ish (as of Saturday pickup).
Sponsored

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
Please let me know if you or your dealer finds a fix....

OP
OP

5NTowToGo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4
Took a couple-hour drive over the weekend and played with this a lot.

I'm fairly well convinced this is specifically CarPlay related. It seems to be reproducible quite easily when starting a new route (Sync Nav) after CarPlay is up/running and playing some music (Spotify). The system starts its dash to main screen sync lag bug pretty quickly if not immediately.

I can get the system to "re-sync" if I switch to SiriusXM and let it run for at least as long the system is lagging between screens... like the exact interval. Once it catches back up it locks in sync w/ SiriusXM song titles and Nav instructions for the length of the trip... no problem.

Switch it back to CarPlay music source and sometimes it stays in sync... but most other times some amount of lag returns and/or gets worse. Which can again be reset using the above method.

So...I don't think this is hardware. I think it's software.

If anyone knows a Ford Tech, I'd be happy to walk them through in excruciating detail.... as a programmer myself, I just had to debug it for hours.

As for the broken Nav, Audio, Phone menus on the instrument cluster... they are in fact lagged by the exact same interval when the bug is active. So... if the song title is 32 seconds behind... if you press the "Navigation" menu item it will not load that menu for 32 seconds. Ask me how I know.

Roncrx

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021
I have the same issue. Recorded and send some video to Ford but did not received resolution. Issue is with Carplay when any streaming audio is played it causes the cluster display lag. Even without the navigation on. Emailed the Invehicle Technology Department of Ford for the issue with all details and just ask to see a dealership to have it diagnosed.

Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
I experienced the same problem listening to spotify on android auto so it doesn't appear to be solely an apple car play problem

Bone59

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
My new truck is having the same problem. Anyone find a fix?

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
I have the same issue when I switch to Bluetooth audio from iPhone . I Just purchased the brand new vehicle 2 weeks ago :( i found it when I turn off the touch screen and just read the cluster display to navigate the road ,I missed turns. Now I put my old Garmin back just in case .
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: