First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Retired accountant
For any of you that purchased your Lightning in 2024, did your dealer provide you with an IRS Energy Credit Online accepted Clean Vehicle Time-of-Sale report? I purchased my 23 Lariat Extended Range at the end of March 2024 and questioned the dealer about the credit. They did not offer taking it off the purchase price since they opted not to participate in that program. They said I could take the credit on my tax return, but did not provide any supporting documents. I asked several times about any forms I would need and was told my purchase contract was all I needed.

I have since researched with IRS and it is very clear that the dealer is supposed to file sale information with the IRS and I am supposed to get a copy of above mentioned form. I've provided that information to them and they have simply ignored me.

I'm curious, did anyone else that didn't take the credit off the purchase price, receive the form? I've called the local IRS office and was told if the dealership didn't file the form within 3 days, I couldn't get the credit.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Members are reporting a mix of receiving the form and others have not like you.....

When you file your 2024 tax return in the spring of 2025 try making a claim for the credit, be prepared for a possible rejection, but exercise ALL your appeal rights, eventually these dealers are going to get an audit or a civil penalty for non-compliance.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I got the form, I was aware of what the dealer needed to do and told them that I wasn’t going to leave without it. They took care of it without any hassle.
Sponsored