• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
We love to hear that, Martin! We'd love to see a pic!
I love mine too! I've had it over a year and charge with solar panels on my roof! I still have my 2014 Ford Focus Electric and love it! Ten years of not going to the gas station or getting oil changes has saved me so much money!

Ford F-150 Lightning Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning? truck

Ford F-150 Lightning Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning? truck dogs
Sponsored

Pottsie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
My 50 cents. ā€¦Iā€™m a convert for sure. I have a 2006 F150 Lariat ICE with 240k. It was time and I got the CFO approval. I put the order in October the year they announced and it took 2 years to finally build and deliver. I was super hesitant when I got the call and saw my price but after much internal debate (knowing I keep my vehicles for the long haul) I went in and bought my 2023 Lightning Platinum in March of this year.

Honestly the best vehicle I have owned for the quality and ride. I do not tow but I do haul. I also have taken trips to the coast from Charlotte with no issue. Itā€™s all about taking a bit of time and planning the route out (I have my pilots license so sort of use to pre trip planning and itā€™s not a big deal). I have used the Apple CarPlay map and have created a ā€œApple map Guideā€ in the Apple Maps for charges within my commit district (state of NC and SC) on routes i travel and it has helped a lot. When I get the Tesla adapter it will be even better.

The biggest suggestion I have is once you decide, is to get the electrician out there to install the charger. I had to wait almost 2 month to get someone out so i had to rely on public charging which was a PITA because i had to do it on the weekends etc. I had all sorts of range anxiety and after the charger was install it was lifted totally.

I still have a lot of suspect friends and family making it to be some sort of political statement. I have been able to answer all the questions (eg: you donā€™t pay your share of road taxes ā€¦false. ā€¦since I have to pay a yearly EV tax of $250 which covers my Nc tax they lost on me via petrol, somehow Iā€™m un-American even though I get my ā€œfuelā€ from the Duke Nuclear power plant down the road vs their foreign oil, etcā€¦I make it easy now and just say ā€œYou do youā€).

If you are doing it to save money , might not be the best reason since there are up front costs for sure. My price point didnā€™t provide me any federal discounts. But if you want it for the ride and your ā€œuse caseā€ fitsā€¦go for it like we all did and Iā€™m sure you wonā€™t be disappointed.

Side note ā€¦so glad to see this post. The forum tends to have a lot of folks bitching about various things and Ford. Slowness of the free adapters, ota, etc. Iā€™m a Ford guy and have 4 total in the house now (plus the wifeā€™s Buick Enclave ICE). Every company has areas to improve onā€¦but I am happy Ford has built this product. While I know all us Lightning owners at Guinea pigs in a sense, my hope is Ford got it right like they have with the flagship F150, and this truck will last me 18+ years like my ICE.

Good luck !

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Owned three previous V8 F150s. Love my Lightning. Had it 9 months 12,000 miles. Almost all charging done at home at 80 amps. I have not had a single problem. I love merging into traffic and looking at the face of the driver who thinks I am pulling out in front of him and then he doesnā€™t get within 75 yards of me! The front end is definitely bouncier than my old F150s but I have the Eibach leveling shocks sitting in the garage and will get them installed when I get new (bigger AT) tires. Personally I think the touchscreen is too big but once I learned to black it out it doesnā€™t bother me on longer drives. It tows like nothing is back there. 2023 Lariat ER.

Also Dominion SC just had a rate hike on electricity. To placate regulators they introduced ā€œsuper off peakā€ from 1 am to 5 am at .08/kwh. Virtually freešŸ˜€

Last edited:

Hugh_Bris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Extended Range
I love charging at Tesla Superchargers on long road trips, knowing my Lightning is wayyy nicer and more usable that the dinky Model 3ā€™s and Yā€™s that congregate there.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
For my application (mostly in city style short drives, occasional trips to Home Depot or the dump, towing a boat now and then short distances) this is hands down the best truck I have ever owned. I love this thing! Iā€™ve owned it since June 17 2022 and have had zero issues except a few CSPs and recalls. If you drive further than one charge per day it may not be your favorite new toy. Thatā€™s my opinion. I drive and just plug in my garage at night and do it on repeat when I need the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning? IMG_1400

Sponsored

Nomoregas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Best truck I ever owned ( I do also love my F350 Diesel for towing) ! Have there been some issues, sure for me minor thus far but I suspect all manufactures have these issues right current model Toyota Tundra owners! Which I owned 3 tundra's and 2 Tacoma's still have one Tacoma.

Tdub

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
2023 Lariat ER, but I was driving an 2001 F250 7.3. This is the nicest truck I have ever owned or driven. An absolute pleasure to drive. I feel folks getting into an EV, need to change the mind set of pulling up to the pump and leaving in 5 minutes. Love my Lariat! Tom
Sponsored