• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I had a maverick, I loved it. it was just a bit too small, it felt like a small truck. I have had my Lightning for almost a year now and it blows everything away that I have ever driven.

For myself being able to put an over sized sheet of plywood in the truck was the straw that broke my camel. The bed was just too small to really use.
Now I get amazing "milage", better than anything I could get in the maverick and I can use the lightning as an actual truck.

I have had 0 issues with my lighting. I have 0 regrets I bought it. Ok maybe 1, I bought a 2023 and I am missing options, like smart hitch that I should have had if I bought a new one, option you don't get with a maverick.
Sponsored

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
I can't say enough good things about my Lightning. I've owned three F-150 ICE trucks before this one, and not only is this my favorite F-150, but it's my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Full disclosure, I don't trade in my trucks until they are either very high mileage or closing in on 10 years old. I grew up on a farm, we run a small business, and we take our dogs on adventures often. On both long and short trips, the Lightning has been great! I can use Tesla destination charges and most superchargers now with my A2Z EV adapters. I've been using EA and other brands of chargers before that on long trips. We have a great group on this forum that shares lots of information and Ford monitors this forum and responds to concerns. And my dealer, Apple Ford, in Columbia, MD has awesome EV support. If I had the money to trade in my Subaru Outback for another Ford EV, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Don't believe all of the negative reviews. Is the truck flawless? Of course not, but is it pretty darn great. You betcha. And I spread that word loud and clear. Ford knows how to build cars and trucks. And the lightning is no exception.

FANTIEPEI1

First Name
MARTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LIGHTNING LARIAT
Occupation
Defender of all free things
I absolutely love mine. I bought it because I needed a new tow vehicle (I have a 6500 lb, 30' travel trailer), but I didn't want to buy another gas guzzler. The lightning tows beautifully.

The thing is, it's such a great vehicle, that even if I didn't need a tow vehicle, I'd still want my lightning.

I think you see a lot of the complaints on this forum because those are the people who are seeking help (or wish to vent their frustrations). Those of us that love our lightnings are just out driving our trucks, rather than here posting on the forum. Having said that, there are some threads where you can see a lot of that positivity, like the 'What did you do to your lightning today' thread or the 'Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Post Yours!' thread.
Love mine you said it best. I only come on here to stay in the know and be ahead of any potential issues to be aware of but Im loving my truck.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Great stories everyone! I'm still trying to find one equipped like I want for a good price.
Question: All the new ones seem to have 30-60 miles on them. Is that because they are getting lots of test drives, or do they show up from Ford with more than the usual 5-7 miles that I'm used to seeing.

Sponsored

NilartPax

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Yes. I have had the lightning (2023 version) for over a year now, and have been very happy with it. There are use cases where all EV's aren't very good - namely hauling heavy loads long distances. If you need a truck for picking up hay, dump runs, etc. It's fine, but think twice if you have a big trailer and want to go camping regularly 300 miles out.

The weak link currently is the public charging infrastructure. Imo.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
Let me guess, most of those "reviews" include a thumbnail of the Youtuber making an angry face with some arrows and bold text pointing at the truck.
It's all about the clicks, baby.
Sponsored