• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

ThisRover

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Attorney
The Lightning is my favorite truck ever, so by definition, my favorite vehicle ever.
Sponsored

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I got mine in June 2023 and we love it.
Super quiet.
Smooth ride
Great power
Tons of soace
Problem free
Zero issues with OTAs
I installed a Juicebox charger at my home and one at my ranch, but have both a Ford and A2Z NACS adapter for superchargers.
I now only have to go to gas stations for lottery tickets and snacks.

Would. Have liked the extended range battery, yes, but not at the price premium when I bought.

Cara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, Subaru, VW Bus, Sondors Metacycle
I love my lightning. I can spend the day hauling construction materials, shower and use the same beautiful truck to go out to a concert that night. I can get back and forth between my homes (~90 miles apart) in comfort and quiet, regardless of the commute challenges of the day. It’s the perfect vehicle for 90% of my needs. It works ok for long drives (1000+ miles each way). Honestly the time to charge while traveling is the single downside and it’s manageable in the lower 48. As many have said, you need to evaluate your own needs and expectations. I’d personally love a Maverick for the general size, but the bed is not practical for my purposes. The Lightning is large, but does everything I need it to.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I love my lightning. I can spend the day hauling construction materials, shower and use the same beautiful truck to go out to a concert that night. I can get back and forth between my homes (~90 miles apart) in comfort and quiet, regardless of the commute challenges of the day. It’s the perfect vehicle for 90% of my needs. It works ok for long drives (1000+ miles each way). Honestly the time to charge while traveling is the single downside and it’s manageable in the lower 48. As many have said, you need to evaluate your own needs and expectations. I’d personally love a Maverick for the general size, but the bed is not practical for my purposes. The Lightning is large, but does everything I need it to.
The interior on the Maverick is very hard and utilitarian, even on the upper trims. Just couldn't get past that on a $42K build with no discounts, incentives or financing deals.

Joe Dablock

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
My 23 Lightning will be 1 year old in November and now has 24k miles on it, and I have no regrets what so ever. Any person not liking a Lightning would most likely not like any EV. My Lightning has been back to dealership for a couple warranty issues, that were taken care of.

Sponsored

b.go

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Carbonized GrayMetallic
Occupation
Sales
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I am extremely happy with my Lightning. I don't think I will ever go back to an ICE pickup truck. It's incredibly versatile, it's scary fast, super quiet, well designed, super efficient, and handles better than it's ICE counterpart. However, I don't tow, and 98% of my driving is within 30 miles from home, so I don't have to worry much about charging away from my home ChargePoint. I usually only charge it up to 85% once a week, and that gives me more than enough juice to get me through a week of normal work/home/kid's sports activities travel.

bobplastow

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 Mustang, 66 F250, 22 Bronco, 23 Lightning
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I love my 2023 lightning. I charge at home. Long distance I take my wifes bronco. Charger availablity in the upper midewest is not great. That is a shortcoming of the infrastructure, not the truck. I have had it for about 9 months and have about 10k miles on it. No service issues to date.

Cara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, Subaru, VW Bus, Sondors Metacycle
The interior on the Maverick is very hard and utilitarian, even on the upper trims. Just couldn't get past that on a $42K build with no discounts, incentives or financing deals.
Good to know. My XLT is incredibly comfortable. People and pets all fall asleep (except me as the driver lol) on longer trips. 😊

jackfm

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Ops manager
I have had my Lighting for about 5 months now. I love it. I travel for work and this have been the best vehicle I ever had!! More than 20,000 miles in 5 months.

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Extremely happy with mine.

Sponsored

OpenMinded150

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariet Lightning
Occupation
Renewal by Anderson
I love this truck and would buy another one tomorrow. It’s sad to see people have bad experiences. I have over 60k on mine and it hasn’t had any problems at all

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
No matter what vehicle when you go to the forum for that vehicle, most of the comments are negative or how to fix or resolve an issue. Don't hear how happy folks are very often. I use forums to help resolve an issue for every vehicle I have owned.
This. You're normally not here unless you are having issues. Love my Lightning!

4trees

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Cannabis Facility Design - 4trees Cannabis Building Ltd
My F-150 Lightning has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, or even stepped foot in. Incredibly reliable, and efficient.
Sponsored