• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have 11,000 miles in about 14 months of ownership on my SR Pro. I live in sunny south Florida with a daily commute of less than 50 miles. I’ve take it on a few road trips to Orlando, about 250 miles one way. The turnpike has rest stops every 40 miles or so with chargers at almost all stops. For my use, I do not feel range limited as I rarely use more than 25% of range in a day.

I absolutely love my truck. My entire family enjoys its as well. It’s the easiest vehicle I have owned. Just plug it in and it’s ready to go the next day. It’s incredibly convenient not to be interrupted with stops to the gas station when you’re in a hurry to work or tired after a day’s work. And with my electric prices, it’s cheap to drive. I look at other trucks on the road and I feel like I’ve cheated the system or I’m in on a secret.

If I had to replace my Lightning, it would be with another Lightning.
Woohoo! That's awesome John, so happy to hear you and your family love it!

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I'm certainly happy that I posted the question. If I was only going by all the YouTube videos, I'd think everyone hated them.
First off, congrats on formulating a post title that sucked us in and basically went viral here. Well done!

I'm in my 60's and have owned lots of vehicles in my life so far. The only previous vehicle that I've owned that I would trade the Lightning to have back is a 1964 1/2 convertible in collector-condition that I bought in CA in the 80's when I was in my 20's.

I won't have the same sort of regrets when I sell the Lightning, but I'll most likely buy another Lightning when the time comes. The Lightning is hands down the most satisfying daily-driver I've owned. It offers the added benefit of allowing me to drive solo in the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes during rush hour.

However, I'm not one that's interested in driving it long-distance and tackling the charging challenges. I only charge at home and drive in an urban/suburban setting. So I don't have range anxiety or charging frustrations. I know that some here enjoy the road-trip charging adventure, but it's just not for me. Road trips will be the job of our Telluride.

Sponsored

4trees

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Cannabis Facility Design - 4trees Cannabis Building Ltd
I'm certainly happy that I posted the question. If I was only going by all the YouTube videos, I'd think everyone hated them.
Everyone I have talked to that actually owns an electric truck has been very happy, especially the Lightnings. The hate usually comes from the people jumping on the electric vehicle hate bandwagon to fit in, which is a lot unfortunately.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I went from an ICE F150 to the lightning. Two years and 70,000 miles later, I could not be happier . Faster ,tows heavier things, amazing ride, the best tech Ford offers ( before the explorer which we just bought- a 2025 platinum optioned out ).

I own vehicles across the entire Ford line up including a ranger, transit van, and multiple f350s and f450s with dump and stake bodies and this is my favorite vehicle. Easily .

I've taken it on long road trips and towed 14,000 pounds and no complaints . Do I wish Ford's infotainment was cutting edge ? I do . Do I wish blue cruise was updated more frequently? Yes. But what I currently own is an amazing , quiet, responsive , extremely well put together machine. A tool that doesn't stick out on the job site or in the field . Something familiar enough that it doesn't take up 15 minutes of conversation when I visit a new customer's home.

If I didn't have a charger at my home would I like this vehicle ? No , I would hate it. Is the standard range enough battery for me ? Definitely not . Those are the two issues I think come up the most in the negative reviews.
Sponsored