• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It happened to me...12V battery issue

Fulgur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER with Max Tow
Truck is always plugged in but I have been driving less often over the last few weeks. I keep the high voltage battery at 70% unless I need extra range.

I went to move the truck out of the garage this morning and I got a ton of warning lights and error messages. The truck wouldn't move or shift out of Park.

I knew what to do after reading these forums.

I put the 12V battery on a battery jumper (via the external posts) and that brought the truck back to life.

The 12V Battery is now on a trickle charger.

Why can't the truck trickle charge its own 12V battery? 🤔

BTW, one of the larger trim clips for that panel has been broken since new, and looks like you have to buy the entire panel to get them? What?

There was a pending update, ECG-24.2.4.10, which has now been completed.

There is one open CSP: 24B56 Inoperative front parking sensors
Sponsored

electricpig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Y
That broken panel wouldn't be by the OBE port by chance? A few people have found trackers installed by the dealer that also happens to drain the 12 volt over time.

OP
OP

Fulgur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is the panel on the passenger side of the Frunk.

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
There is a member here that supplied the files for a 3d printer (assuming you are talking about the 1/2turn clips). He also sells them for like 3 bucks a piece. https://www.mattsprintables.com/. No affiliation but cheaper than a printer and definitely a better option than buying a whole assembly.

OP
OP

Fulgur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is a member here that supplied the files for a 3d printer (assuming you are talking about the 1/2turn clips). He also sells them for like 3 bucks a piece. https://www.mattsprintables.com/. No affiliation but cheaper than a printer and definitely a better option than buying a whole assembly.
Thanks for that, and I actually found his post earlier. I do have a 3d printer and will be printing off a few of those clips.

https://www.printables.com/model/689023-f150-lightning-trim-clip

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Truck is always plugged in but I have been driving less often over the last few weeks. I keep the high voltage battery at 70% unless I need extra range.

I went to move the truck out of the garage this morning and I got a ton of warning lights and error messages. The truck wouldn't move or shift out of Park.

I knew what to do after reading these forums.

I put the 12V battery on a battery jumper (via the external posts) and that brought the truck back to life.

The 12V Battery is now on a trickle charger.

Why can't the truck trickle charge its own 12V battery? 🤔

BTW, one of the larger trim clips for that panel has been broken since new, and looks like you have to buy the entire panel to get them? What?

There was a pending update, ECG-24.2.4.10, which has now been completed.

There is one open CSP: 24B56 Inoperative front parking sensors
Hi there. This battery concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Should you need further assistance, please PM us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Just went to order 3 clips @ $3.00 each $9.00 plus $16.49 shipping to Los Angeles Calif.

Am I missing something or is all the profit made in shipping?

Rick
There's some decent profit in the clips themselves I'd say, as I doubt that uses much time or material to make. That shipping charge is crazy though

Maybe Going EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Honda Accord Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Semi retired truck driver
Why are dealers putting trackers in customers vehicles?
Sounds extremely stalker mentality, and creepy.
Sponsored