• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I wanted to get this but I have serious reservations since they're a Chinese company and the dashcam a supports things like apps and wireless connections. Call me paranoid, but I can't risk having a camera that could send dash video off board to China.

Edit: I should add, I use a Garmin Mini and a Ford Dashcam Rear view Adapter.
This does not connect to the cloud or the internet. The camera creates its own Wi-Fi network which the cameras app uses to connect and download videos locally to your iPhone or android.
You can just use the camera on its own and pop the SD card out to download the videos too.
Regardless of how you use it the camera is fully air gapped from the internet.

No reason to be paranoid when you know how it works.

I have the front and rear cam and it work’s awesome. As others have mentioned, I just leave the truck on when I leave the car parked somewhere and I want to keep taping. I often do that to keep the AC on anyways while I run into the shops or whatever.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have the front and rear cam and it work’s awesome. As others have mentioned, I just leave the truck on when I leave the car parked somewhere and I want to keep taping. I often do that to keep the AC on anyways while I run into the shops or whatever.
Have you used a bigger SD card? I did but had problems with it not recording the full 3 minute file, also not being able to play back the video.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Have you used a bigger SD card? I did but had problems with it not recording the full 3 minute file, also not being able to play back the video.
I put in a 256GB high endurance card and set it to 1 min clips. That Is the most optimal config. No issues so far.
More concerned about it roasting in the SoCal heat but no issues with that either.

dancwilliams

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
There is some great information in this thread. Anyone have an update on longevity of the FitX camera? Thanks!

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
There is some great information in this thread. Anyone have an update on longevity of the FitX camera? Thanks!
I've had mine for almost 2 years, still going strong.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My initial problem of the files only being 30 sec clips every once in a while seems to have stopped and it works great now. I've had mine since 10-2022