Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have both the front and rear Fitcam, I even use it when parking sometimes. I just leave the truck on, shut the lights and heat or A/C off. Then lock the doors.
What was the route you chose for the rear wire?
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have this also and I like, only problem I have is when you set it to record 3 minute intervals the file will not download to my phone without a error. So I leave it set to 1 minute interval which is probably better to find a certain clip.

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired

EVLightningSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I have both the front and rear Fitcam, I even use it when parking sometimes. I just leave the truck on, shut the lights and heat or A/C off. Then lock the doors.
Would you mind snapping a photo of where you mounted the rear cam? I removed the middle headrest and can’t figure out where to put it. Thanks!

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Today I finished installing the rear cam as well. I ran it through the front windshield and roof liner and then took the top part of door seal stripping and ran it through the roof all the way back and then ran it through the rear windshield and the roof liner. The rear cam sits right by the roofline. When you take the seal stripping out, it's pretty easy to run the cable. The cable ends up being really long so i hid the extra cable inside the rear passenger door plastic trim after removing the seal strip.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Here are the pictures for reference

Ford F-150 Lightning Just installed this Dash Cam in 5 minutes 1670246769719

Ford F-150 Lightning Just installed this Dash Cam in 5 minutes 1670246782778

Ford F-150 Lightning Just installed this Dash Cam in 5 minutes 1670246795604

Here is a screengrab for the rear camera angle

Ford F-150 Lightning Just installed this Dash Cam in 5 minutes 1670246911738

and here is one for the front camera

Ford F-150 Lightning Just installed this Dash Cam in 5 minutes 1670247087366

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Just installed this dash cam in my 2022 Lariat Lux ER and wanted to put out a note about it here.

I have installed several different cameras in multiple makes and models of vehicles and this was by far the simplest and easiest installation of any.

I can’t speak to the long term quality of the camera, but from what I’ve seen so far I’m impressed with units Front and Rear cameras.

If you are not tech or DIY savvy this camera is for you.

No, I’m not affiliated with this Chinese product or company. Just wanted to let my fellow Ford Lightning friends know this one is as easy and affordable as it gets.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I wanted to get this but I have serious reservations since they're a Chinese company and the dashcam a supports things like apps and wireless connections. Call me paranoid, but I can't risk having a camera that could send dash video off board to China.

Edit: I should add, I use a Garmin Mini and a Ford Dashcam Rear view Adapter.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
just ordered and installed. Very easy and impressed. was going to order blackvue but decided to get this. so far so good.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Check your footage when the card is full to make sure it is recording. I had a problem with the recodings either stopped or didn't record the full file size and would not play back. This after trying a bigger card so I went back to the original card and it's over righting and saving fine now.

This is a crash I caught in Las Vegas, guy ran a light the tried to slip away. Second video shows the guy who got hit chasing after him.
I went to charge up as I had just arrived from Moreno Valley Ca, came back to give the police the footage I downloaded to my laptop. He only needed to film it with his body cam and didn't want the file. I was surprised by that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Nah, I didn't want to run the wiring to the back. Also hoping sentry mode is eventually opened up so we can utilize the built in cameras.
The wiring was pretty straightforward to run, took me about 15 minutes.

I put up a video on this dashcam in my Lightning a while back!

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Just ordered the front and rear kit, should be here tomorrow. Looks like a nice setup.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Call me paranoid, but I can't risk having a camera that could send dash video off board to China.
If you work for Pentagon, NSA or any other secret squirrel agency and have your anything device always hooked up to the Internet with free roam to where it sends it's data, then, shame on you (and the agency you work for).

If you just go to work, and a coffee run every now and then, I wouldn't worry about it, Google maps have more information than you could ever provide.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you work for Pentagon, NSA or any other secret squirrel agency and have your anything device always hooked up to the Internet with free roam to where it sends it's data, then, shame on you (and the agency you work for).

If you just go to work, and a coffee run every now and then, I wouldn't worry about it, Google maps have more information than you could ever provide.
That's why I like the Garmin, it writes to a card and I don't use any cloud features on it. Plus they're an American company. Completely agree about not having to worry depending on line of work, and I wouldn't tell anyone they shouldn't get a convenient product, only offer an American made alternative that I trust is more secure. I have a number of Garmin products and they've been good to me.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
That's why I like the Garmin... Plus they're an American company.
Apple is an American company, most of their devices used to be or still are made by Foxcon (Chinese).

Anyway, not trying to start a geopolitical debate, just saying everything isn't black/white.

Your American devices might be manufactured in Taiwan, with Chinese components and Indian firmware/software, so if data security / privacy is your main reasons for choosing A over B, then make sure "they" won't have the opportunity to "steal" it in the first place.

Sadly, most of us have a smartphone (regardless of brand) so we're probably screwed either way (as your phone has more capabilities than your dashcam, home assistant, Alexa/Google, ever will).

Then again, if they find interest in my life I kind of feel sorry for them, there has to be something more interesting to watch.
Sponsored