• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lane Keep Assist not staying off

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Recently had my truck at the dealer and while there they applied several software updates since OTA was not functional on my 2023 XLT ER. Prior to taking the vehicle in, if I turned Lane Keep Assist off, it stay off in all scenarios -- this is the behavior I expect. However, after I got the truck back, Lane Keep Assist turns back on when Adaptive Cruise is engaged and then stays on after cruise is turned off. I have to remember to hit the steering wheel button to turn it back off. This is extremely annoying as I absolutely hate Lane Keep Assist. Is this a bug of one of the software updates or something specific to my truck?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I believe there are a couple settings that can tune the degree of driver assist you want from the system; you probably found the right combo of settings that had the truck behaving as you prefer it to operate.

The updates might have reverted some of the customized settings, dig into the Sync menu to find the features and restore your preferred settings

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
I believe there are a couple settings that can tune the degree of driver assist you want from the system; you probably found the right combo of settings that had the truck behaving as you prefer it to operate.

The updates might have reverted some of the customized settings, dig into the Sync menu to find the features and restore your preferred settings
Thank you for the response, however, I may not have been clear. I NEVER want Lane Keep Assist on. Ever. I want the truck to remember this setting, too, which it did prior to the recent dealer visit and software updates.

I have confirmed that Lane Centering under Adaptive Cruise is disabled. Under Vehicle Settings, the only choice I have to control Lane Keep Assist is the alert style -- noise/vibration. The button on the steering wheel turns it off. However, if I use Adaptive Cruise, it turns itself back on and is left on even when Adaptive Cruise is turned off. This is not the behavior I want. I simply want it off and to never turn on unless I want it to by pressing the steering wheel button.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I recall another member complaining about this a few months ago, it might be that the updates "fixed" other issues but caused this always on condition.

IMHO it's a convenience, safety and liability concern Ford, the ~majority~ of users will expect these features to work seamlessly, while you and a few others have the right to actively select it off.

Docmaverick

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I hate that the Lane Assist keeps telling me to keep my hands on the wheel even tho they are. My Hyundai is a lot smarter. If the car is staying in the lane, it does not nag me constantly.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I hate that the Lane Assist keeps telling me to keep my hands on the wheel even tho they are. My Hyundai is a lot smarter. If the car is staying in the lane, it does not nag me constantly.
Are you driving on a qualified "Hands Free" road ?

Docmaverick

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Nope, not using Blue cruise if that is your point. Point is that the message pops up to frequently, even tho hands are on the wheel.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
A) Lane Keeping: an alert, whether physical, steering wheel buzz, and/or steering control, for keeping the vehicle within the stripes, but is NOT self-driving or hands-free driving...

B) Lane CENTERING: a system to maintain the 'center' of the lane, with an ALERT to keep the hands on the steering wheel, periodically.

There is some confusion as to 'which' is 'which', when conversing about the technology.

I have a PRO and it did not come with B) Lane Centering, but only the original 'basic' Lane Keeping 'Assist' or 'Alert Only' modes...

I ADDED Lane Centering, later, and now enjoy both, or NEITHER, by turning OFF the system with the left-side RIGHT button. When I have the LCC on while traveling, the LKK is active, of course. The LKK is also active if I don't turn it off, physically.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
There is some confusion as to 'which' is 'which', when conversing about the technology.
He's driving a Lariat-ER, owners manual does wonders............... [for as built trucks]

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Dude, I get the warning without even having CC or LKA on. Roads in Phoenix are as straight as the road to hell. Often staying in the lines requires no input from the wheel, and I now have a nervous twitch to make a quick turn to the steering wheel every few seconds just to keep the alarms at bay. I do wish there was a touch sensor built into the wheel instead of it relying on torque input.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Originally to use Bluecruise you had to turn on lane keeping first then active cruise. There was an update that automatically turned on lane keeping when you activated Bluecruise. I don't know if it works that way for regular cruise. I guess after the update it keeps lane keeping on after disengaging cruise.
Sponsored