First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
1710395118821-u0.png

1710394724834-26.png

Another satisfied customer here. Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since my first F-150. Keep em rolling @Ford Motor Company
We will do our best, Tim! That's a beautiful F-150 Lightning, by the way.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
4th truck I've owned (all manual trans as well :). Hands down the best. It's a truck that happens to be an EV and not an EV trying to be a truck. It's also sold the wife on a MME for her next vehicle as well. I will drive this 'till the wheels fall off.
So glad to hear that! We've worked hard to make sure the wheels of the F-150 Lightning won't fall off for a long, long time.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Nothing more gratifying than giving my Lightning a good wash and wax today. Antimatter Blue looks so good. Getting all that salt and mud off was fantastic. Love this truck.
We love it too, Andrew! We'd love to see your beautified Lightning anytime!

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
Yep I’m gonna ring that bell and say this is the fastest, most responsive, winter-ready beast of a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s the most powerful vehicle I’ve owned by far. I may just go by another since the prices have dropped.

Sponsored

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
I agree with prior posts. I have 47000 kilometres and still really enjoy our Lightning. It does truck jobs on farm pulling wagons to the field, hauling fuel to combine, pulling trailer with small tractor, pulling horse trailer, picking up lumber and getting feed. Also supplies power for repairs to equipment and backup power for house. We have bought a small completly electric camper for it and it’s been from Ontario Canada to Florida and back. For what I do it is far nicer than a Cyber Truck. I have had a model S and have a model Y. The Lightning is the smoothest and quietest.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yep I’m gonna ring that bell and say this is the fastest, most responsive, winter-ready beast of a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s the most powerful vehicle I’ve owned by far. I may just go by another since the prices have dropped.
That's awesome to hear, Victor! The 775 lb.-ft. of nearly instant torque is tough to beat!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I agree with prior posts. I have 47000 kilometres and still really enjoy our Lightning. It does truck jobs on farm pulling wagons to the field, hauling fuel to combine, pulling trailer with small tractor, pulling horse trailer, picking up lumber and getting feed. Also supplies power for repairs to equipment and backup power for house. We have bought a small completly electric camper for it and it’s been from Ontario Canada to Florida and back. For what I do it is far nicer than a Cyber Truck. I have had a model S and have a model Y. The Lightning is the smoothest and quietest.
We're glad to hear that, Ric! The F-150 Lightning is certainly one of the smoothest and quietest EVs!

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
I’m one of those guys who had the battery module issue twice, had to wait for the heated steering wheel and also had a few other minor things.

Despite that, I’d agree with the sentiment on this thread. Love the truck, and am also impressed with the pro-active work from Ford on issues (calling them out before they become a problem for me, fixing them for free and not implying it was my fault). I expect when you’re an early adopter you’ll have issues. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn’t an argument at any time that the issues needed to be fixed. So, despite teething pains, I’m grateful to my Ford dealer and for the support from Ford (other than that “where the heck is my battery module”part :))
For my use case (no long haul towing, mostly home charging, lots of gear and home improvement hauling, easily available accessories with choice and fantastic people carrier) this truck is perfect and also really cost effective to operate! Nice job Ford!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
That would make an almost perfect EV. Low cross sectional area and a large volume inside.
Since I can’t get an electric V90, I was thinking about a Volvo EX90 that is coming out later this year. Then my wife reminded me how much I LOVE my V90.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Since I can’t get an electric V90, I was thinking about a Volvo EX90 that is coming out later this year. Then my wife reminded me how much I LOVE my V90.
Ooh, that is sweet. if it is not too expensive, it could be my next ride. I love how on their website they are showing the door handle as a luxury feature. Thanks Tesla.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation 1710677385821-ow

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Ooh, that is sweet. if it is not too expensive, it could be my next ride. I love how on their website they are showing the door handle as a luxury feature. Thanks Tesla.

1710677385821-ow.png
Base price is approx $79 K before tax rebate (which Volvo will pass on if car only qualifies because of a lease). Volvo also allows immediate pay off of its leases.

I am starting to think that I will wait until there are a few on the secondary market so I am not hit with the depreciation or initial quality issues that are experienced with a launch edition.

Pcontrer1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lighting Pro
Occupation
General Contractor
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.
Yes here here! I’ve put on 30k miles on my 2023 lightning pro and couldn’t be happier! The fit and finishes great. It drives wonderful. I would hope when the battery does die, I could swap it out with a better one, but keep the same truck. 🛻
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.