Sponsored

Lightning side steps same dimensions as ICE F150? Do they come apart?

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
My beautiful wife scratched my sidestep and I was wondering if I could buy 2021-2023 F150 sidestep takeoffs, the ones with the same overall shape just without the lights, and swap the corners out? The scratch is along the main step, but the corners with the lights are untouched. Anyone know if these steps can be take apart so I can swap just the long piece?

Thanks!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If you are going to try and replace them there are take offs out there with the lights on them from Lightnings (or have been in the past) that were pretty dang cheap. I know of one pair that was bought for $100. Just be careful buying on line for scams.

You might be able to save yourself a lot of work, but just looking for exact match parts.

JDub

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
My beautiful wife scratched my sidestep and I was wondering if I could buy 2021-2023 F150 sidestep takeoffs, the ones with the same overall shape just without the lights, and swap the corners out? The scratch is along the main step, but the corners with the lights are untouched. Anyone know if these steps can be take apart so I can swap just the long piece?

Thanks!
I have a pair of running boards for sale off of my 23 Lariat. If interested, they're $150.

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Which years and models have the lighted running boards? Is it just the power version that has that feature? I don't think the fixed running boards on my 24 Lariat have any lights.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Which years and models have the lighted running boards? Is it just the power version that has that feature? I don't think the fixed running boards on my 24 Lariat have any lights.
The fixed boards on my 2022 have lights. If yours have lights, you can plainly seem them on each end...

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
The fixed boards on my 2022 have lights. If yours have lights, you can plainly seem them on each end...
Nope. Just checked. They must have dropped that feature off the 2024 Lariats. Probably just a Platinum feature now.
Sponsored