• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
So people are trading in Lightnings and buying Teslas?
My understanding is that they are getting out of their cramped M3 and into a big ass Lightning. From S to Lyriq and from X to EV9

Sponsored

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
I'm one of those, but I was in before the $1500 bonus. Traded my MYP for a Lariat ER in March...JUST before that program started.

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
I was one of those Tesla drivers. Traded in my MY for a Lightning XLT Lightning with max tow in April. $1500 Tesla Conquest rebate + $7500 Ford cash rebate + $7500 tax rebate Point of Sale + $2k below MSRP = awesome deal. Couldn't resist. Model Y residual value has completely tanked in the past 1.5 years. I paid cash for mine so was not upside down. Dealer gave me fair market value for the MY so it was not worth the hassle of a private sale. Totally happy to have made the switch and do not miss the MY at all. My wife still drives a Model 3 and I don't see her moving to another EV for another few years. She likes it. I do like the M3 LR better than the Y. More fun to drive by far.

rikster63

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Silverado, 2022 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I drive a 2022 Tesla Model S and my wife has a Tesla Model Y. I also had a 2021 Chevy Silverado ICE vehicle that I used for occasional hauling, and that's the vehicle I drive in the winter or when it's ugly outside. I discovered the huge Ford Lightning discounts, and the Tesla Conquest Rebate, 3 months ago.

I traded in my Silverado on a new leftover 2023 Lightning XLT Standard Range for a killer deal! The dealer offered me $18k over my payoff on the Silverado (an amazing trade-in offer). The Lightning I bought stickers at $64k, and I got the $7500 Tax credit, the $1500 Tesla rebate, a $1,000 military rebate of some sort, and the dealer discounted the truck $8k off sticker, so the final net price was $46k. With my Silverado equity my loan was $28k, which I let Ford finance for 60 months at 0% interest.

I couldn't be happier with my decision, and now that I have the choice each day between the Tesla Model S and the Lightning, I'm finding myself leaning more and more towards the Lightning for my daily driver. I might eventually sell the Tesla, though the resale value for those has tanked so badly over the past year it's almost not worth selling at this point, and I do still love the car. So I'm the happy position of having two amazing eVs to drive every day!

I was at the Ford dealer today picking up an F-150 decal I had ordered from Ford, and the dealer didn't have any Lightnings available at all any more. Have the crazy good deals dried up now that the 2023s are all gone?

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I was 1 of the lucky ones that won a trip to Tesla Austin for the Cybertruck Reveal back on Nov 30th. Had been sitting on my $100. Deposit for 4 years.

Elon didn't come out and announce the CT price or range at the live event. When people started looking at their phones and on twitter/ X. That's how we found out.

So my 49k reservation turned into a 80k CT, but the 20k foundation series markup turned my 49k into a 100k plus tax and license truck.

So when Tesla emailed me to place my order in May, I decided to pass on the
$111.k including tax and license and purchase a Lightning Pro for 50k out the door. No money in and 0% finance for 60 months..

So although my purchase didn't involve a Tesla trade in. It actually involves lots of potential CT buyers who jumped ship.

So my purchase doesn't reflex in the charts, it does radiate in Elons decision to screw with the pricing. Next move is to submit my option to refund my 100.00 reservation fee.

Thanks Elon for giving me choices and buying my lightning with the huge profits I'm making on your stock these past 4+ years.

So yes, I own Tesla, but just on paper and not in my driveway. Although I did rent the M3 while in Austin for the 3 days I was there. And that was a whole nother adventure with the rental.

Rick

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Ford Lightnings are comfortable, spacious EVs.
So, sure, some people will trade their smaller Teslas in on a Lightning.
Although it is less than 5%.

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Great job Ford!

Its a much better value for the buyer.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
Wife sold MYP (private sale) and picked up an XLT ER in May with an MSRP of $73.5k for $49k OTD after all discounts and rebates ($7500 Ford, $7500 IRS, $6500 dealer, $1500 Tesla cash, $2500 state). She *did* get the $1500 Tesla conquest cash, but it was the whole deal that made her see the light... ask her now and she absolutely prefers the Lightning to the MYP, and we are both glad to be out from under the Elon shadow...
Ford>Tesla
-Zap
Sponsored