• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Liking my new Lightning.

woodsman

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Semi driver
I posted about paint protection a while back, and I think I will do the DIY Detail ceramic. Probably the stack. Thanks for all the info.
I enjoy driving my truck, find excuses to go someplace. I am curious how good she will be in the snow? Sure I understand it is all wheel drive. What I am curious about is will you be able to feather the throttle and not spin out. You people in snow country will know what I am talking about. One of my earliest memories is at my grandpas farm. It had snowed and a visitor was trying to get up the driveway which had a rise at first then flat. He was spinning and sliding around, My Grandpa hollered at Jim to drive that car outa here. Pete moved towards the car, Grandpa says no, let Jim do it. Jim backed up to the Barn eased around and up the hill never spinning a tire. I was baffled what did Jim do that no one else could do.
Well as I got older I worked on that farm and had to go up that drive many times, with a Cougar with G-60s. My uncle taught me with his 64 Valiant Slant 6, 3 on the tree. Take off in second, engine rattling, clutch chattering, axle shaking, but never spinning a wheel.
So now, back to my question, will this electric jobby be able to torque out, or will it just spin. Can't wait to find out.

Oh, by the way, I will video a before and after of the Ceramic. Thanks Guys.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
watch IRT, ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, and you'll also see and hear about 'spinning' the tires... yes, the throttle will work just fine in snow or any other conditions,,,, it's more about your FOOT, than the truck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I posted about paint protection a while back, and I think I will do the DIY Detail ceramic. Probably the stack. Thanks for all the info.
I enjoy driving my truck, find excuses to go someplace. I am curious how good she will be in the snow? Sure I understand it is all wheel drive. What I am curious about is will you be able to feather the throttle and not spin out. You people in snow country will know what I am talking about. One of my earliest memories is at my grandpas farm. It had snowed and a visitor was trying to get up the driveway which had a rise at first then flat. He was spinning and sliding around, My Grandpa hollered at Jim to drive that car outa here. Pete moved towards the car, Grandpa says no, let Jim do it. Jim backed up to the Barn eased around and up the hill never spinning a tire. I was baffled what did Jim do that no one else could do.
Well as I got older I worked on that farm and had to go up that drive many times, with a Cougar with G-60s. My uncle taught me with his 64 Valiant Slant 6, 3 on the tree. Take off in second, engine rattling, clutch chattering, axle shaking, but never spinning a wheel.
So now, back to my question, will this electric jobby be able to torque out, or will it just spin. Can't wait to find out.

Oh, by the way, I will video a before and after of the Ceramic. Thanks Guys.
We're really glad to hear you're liking your Lightning, Stephen!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
There's a video posted somewhere here of a lightning pulling out completely covered in snow and it had zero problems doing so.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
That is a simple question. You will love how the truck works and performs in any snow condition.

Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Had mine for half of last winter. No problems with snow here, though I didn't try to push the limits. With the heavy weight, smooth application of torque, dual motors, and e-locker in the back, it just goes.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Excellent in the snow as far as the truck is concerned. Easy to control. Traction and torque control modes work great.

I ran the OE A/T tires that came on my '22 Pro. For typical suburban MN winter roads that get cleared practically before the snow stops falling, they were totally fine.
If you need to deal with less groomed roads and true icy conditions there are dedicated winter tires for light trucks that will be more appropriate.
Sponsored