• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Motor transmission service

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
I’m a looong way away from needing this (150k mile service) but curious if anyone out there has reached this point? Do they replace the fluid and the filter when they do this?
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Probably, my owners manual says replace transmission fluid. No mention of the filter but it might be done at that time too if applicable.

Early777

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat
I have 11000 kms on my lightning. I keep getting calls from my dealership to bring it in for service. When are people taking the truck in for service i wonder?

Probably, my owners manual says replace transmission fluid. No mention of the filter but it might be done at that time too if applicable.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I have 11000 kms on my lightning. I keep getting calls from my dealership to bring it in for service. When are people taking the truck in for service i wonder?
I've been bringing mine in for the 15k km's inspection, which I have done 3 times now. There is a list of items in the owners manual they check and I also use those times to get csp's or other warranty issues taken care of. Costs may vary but it's usually around 100$.
It gives me a nice service history and a good repore with my dealer. Some people on the forums are opposed to paying for a basic inspection but you do you.
I'm over 50k km's now and they picked up a slight alignment variation last time which I'll probably have adjusted at the next inspection, when I get new tires put on for the winter.
As long as my vehicle is under warranty, I'll keep bringing it in.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Might be an owners manual oversight, each motor (front & rear) has one oil filter on the side of the motor case and a sump pick-up screen at the bottom, the sump filter is likely not replaced, but when the technician drops the pan, they are instructed to inspect and replace if needed, I'd suspect the filter on the exterior is replaced with each oil change.
Sponsored