• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mysterious double chime while driving

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I think it's safe to say that the double chime is from navigation alerts even when I'm not using the Ford Sync maps. Over the past couple of weeks, everytime I hear the double-chime, I jump over to Sync maps and there is some sort of traffic alert on the screen.
Interesting. I get the double chime while sitting in my driveway, no navigation routes plugged in. Next time I hear it I'll switch over to the Ford Navigation to see if there is an alert.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Interesting. I get the double chime while sitting in my driveway, no navigation routes plugged in. Next time I hear it I'll switch over to the Ford Navigation to see if there is an alert.
Yeah, switch over and see. My will double-chime and there is no navigation route planned but there is some kind of traffic on the road I'm on.

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine was doing the same thing. Then I turned off suggested locations and hallelujah it stopped.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this on their trucks. Sometimes when Iā€™m driving around, Iā€™ll get the double chime sound for seemingly no reason. Itā€™s smart enough to lower my music volume but nothing pops up on the dash or screen.

It happened yesterday. I left my house, drove for about 5 minutes and then while cruising alongā€¦ *ding* *ding*

I was at 91% SOC, sport mode, cruising around 35mph.

It doesnā€™t happen everyday and seems to be random. Iā€™ll try to get a video of the interior when it happens.
Speed limit warning. When it happens look down, you should see the white speed limit sign blinking

OP
OP

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Speed limit warning. When it happens look down, you should see the white speed limit sign blinking
I don't think so. It's happened to me while stopped and in my driveway. I think it's the navigation alerts from the Sync maps. It will alert you of traffic conditions even if you don't have a route planned.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I don't think so. It's happened to me while stopped and in my driveway. I think it's the navigation alerts from the Sync maps. It will alert you of traffic conditions even if you don't have a route planned.
Are you in a relatively dense area? Iā€™ve had it happen in a parking lot at startup before I started moving. When I looked down sure enough it was flashing and displayed 5mph.

My navigation disconnects because I always have Waze up via CarPlay. When that happens it goes to Waze in all the displays and disconnects from Fords nav.

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
Iā€™m getting the double chime without any indicators.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
I get it too my PRO, just randomly chimes (usually within 30sec or a min from start)and I look over and nothing. so Iv'e been keeping an eye on it and now I notice that the nav is trying to connect and when it does I get the chime. pretty consistent now that I know what to look for.
Sponsored