• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I do not understand what the relationship between this just-announced "1.4", the "1.4" that some people bludgeoned into installing via FDRS, and the "1.3" even those people subsequently received as an OTA update might be.

Does anyone know? @rugedraw perhaps?

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
FDRS - "Keeping Early Adopters Happy since 2022"

When I try to explain to my friends that I paid $1300+ (mongoose + 1 year+ license) to have Karaoke in my car (which I hate) they think I'm insane, but "early adopters be adopting". . Ford should send this out to everyone with the NACS adaptors until they figure out OTA .

Also, I absolutely fired up my laptop after reading this advertisement hoping, 1.4 would be there for me. :(

1 other thing regarding Bluecruise hardware versus software - My wife's 2025 explorer ( a meme) is running 1.2 and anecdotally it handles parts of the highway we live near better than my truck running 1.2 . There are 2 disengagement areas where her explorer does reliably stay engaged . Also, I absolutely love her infotainment system. I'm going to do a review here on it as compared to ours. Spoiler alert: no lag.
The 2025 Explorer is using the new Android system right? I would imagine it is much better than the Sync 4A and look forward to your review.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I do not understand what the relationship between this just-announced "1.4", the "1.4" that some people bludgeoned into installing via FDRS, and the "1.3" even those people subsequently received as an OTA update might be.

Does anyone know? @rugedraw perhaps?
The only people that know are the ones writing the software. The -ACJ software version of the IPMA is what came with BC 1.4 Mach E's got in early access and what became available right after with FDRS. No new IPMA software seen for 7-8 months until they rolled out the -BAE software for the IPMA that is only available to install on Mach E's and was sent with OTA 1.3 to them(although some 2024 Ford vehicles are shipping with this same software and calling it 1.2).

Whatever this 1.4 version is I am sure will be a newer version than -BAE.

Last edited:

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
Can they update BC (lane keeping assist on Lariat) so I can hold my coffee cup without it going into hardcore nag mode?

Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Can they update BC (lane keeping assist on Lariat) so I can hold my coffee cup without it going into hardcore nag mode?
No, sorry… you have to give your steering wheel a gentle handjob at least 15 times per minute or it’ll get mad at you.

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Not sure what BC I have on the truck (haven't checked), but it has been pretty amazing for the stretch of I-90 in Montana I drive. With that being said...there is no way I will pay the subscription price for BC. I would be more than happy to pay $5 every 200 miles (so about $10 one way).
Sponsored