• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Tesla V4 station

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
A new v4 Tesla SC station opened in Mesa AZ. It has twelve posts in two rows of 6. Went there today to check locking mechanism on my A2Z adapter, wasn't going to charge just check ease of inserting the tesla plug and make sure the locking mechanism actually locks, I've already charged with it when I first got it but it was a bit hard to insert and lock. The station was packed full of Teslas with about 4 or 5 waiting. First time I've seen that. Cables appeared way longer than v3 also. So, on to plan B. Five miles away is a V3 station with about 16 posts. Only about 6 cars in this one, adapter worked like a champ. Sorry no pictures.

Oh by the way, how do you release the magic dock adapter when one is available?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Haven’t done it first hand, but I believe you press and hold the release button on the handle while it is in the stored cradle position. Then pull slightly downward to remove the handle with the magic dock attached.

Been watching too many charging videos.

Hope that’s correct and works for you.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Push upward on the handle/dock assemble pushing the button, it signals the post to unlock the adapter from the post as you then pull downward.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
What he ^ said.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
Press the button on the tesla handle for 3 seconds, you’ll hear a click…push the handle up and in to connect the adapter, then pull out. Adapter will be connected.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Off topic....I used my Tesla Adaptor on a trip from Northern Virginia to Niagara Falls, and then back again, a couple of weeks ago.

Total game changer. Previously it was white knuckle finding a working public Faster Charger off of route 15/11 in Pennsylvania, and then another one in Southern New York State. There simply are just not many (working) DCFCs along that North-South route.

However on this trip I could use any of the 7-8 different Tesla stations along the route. Some were 8 pods, others 12 or 16. Many with only 1 other EV charging. It was a joy. Speeds were good too. Thank you Elon Musk.

Only issue was making sure the adaptor "clicks in". <-- Make sure there is no torque on the adaptor from the cable weight or because you are trying to stretch the cable to reach your Lightning.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank Musk for the SC network, yes, but thank Jim Farley for our access to it. Talk about visionary, yet practical- Farley could see the benefit to Ford owners, put his ego on the shelf, and made a deal with a competitor. Farley is the grownup in a room filled with DEI-hire CEOs.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
My first Tesla charging experience was with a charger that had the Magic Dock. There was even a Tesla employee on hand who happened to be servicing the station. He showed me how to use it.

Press on the small circle indicated in the photo for a few seconds
Ford F-150 Lightning New Tesla V4 station Press here

Then pull the connector out. It will have an adapter attached:
Ford F-150 Lightning New Tesla V4 station magic dock1

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
A new v4 Tesla SC station opened in Mesa AZ. It has twelve posts in two rows of 6. Went there today to check locking mechanism on my A2Z adapter, wasn't going to charge just check ease of inserting the tesla plug and make sure the locking mechanism actually locks, I've already charged with it when I first got it but it was a bit hard to insert and lock. The station was packed full of Teslas with about 4 or 5 waiting. First time I've seen that. Cables appeared way longer than v3 also. So, on to plan B. Five miles away is a V3 station with about 16 posts. Only about 6 cars in this one, adapter worked like a champ. Sorry no pictures.

You hold in the button on the handle for the magic dock …. Then lift up slightly ..They just put one up here near me in rural PA…… and it has been a game changer!
Sponsored