• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Intelligent Back up. System shut down. Sun Run Home Integration Unit Install

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum, Ford F250, Rivian R1S
My Electrician and I were just powering up my Home Integration System to check to see that it was working properly.

We had an issue with being unable to pair the Charger to the truck. So we contacted Ford. We were informed that as of today Home Backup is not being allowed. So we were unable to test.

Ford suggested we contact Sunrun with our other issue with the MID unit. It is continually beeping. When we got through to a Sunrun tech. They hung up on us.

So there you go.

Just curious if any of you are experiencing a no function for your Home Integration System.

It would have saved me a ton of money had I known this a week ago. I purchased the Home Integration System in November.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Interesting, sounds like your electricians problem.

Sunrun was the Ford recommended installer, not sure if they're helping other installers.

Haven't seen anything about Ford shutting it down, Canadian customers won't have the his available until the end of the year, maybe some hardware issues?

OP
OP

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I think it is my electrician's problem. I spoke with Delta tech support today and it seems that there is a missing communication wire.

MattE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD
What do you mean by "We were informed that as of today Home Backup is not being allowed"? Are they discontinuing the product? A temporary outage?

Thanks

OP
OP

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Electrician told me this. He was on the phone with a support person from Ford. He told me that she just got out of a meeting and was told that the Home Integration Unit was on hold. He then called Sunrun and he said they hung up on him.

On Monday I called Sunrun to try and figure out my issues with the Home Integration System. They had me contact Delta. Delta was helpful.

My electrician did not install the communication run from the MID to the Inverter. He hasn't come back yet to run the wire.

I am hoping that it all gets resolved soon.

Was wondering if anyone else in the forum had a similar issue, or report from Ford.

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
My H.I.S. is up and running. I did have an issue with the H.I.S. communicating with the Pro Charger and Truck but they were not installation issues. After extensive troubleshooting, all is working well right now.

Cfieldsj

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My month old Lightning is finally up and running with Intelligent Power Backup. It took weeks to get the Ford pro charger paired with the truck and iPhone FordPass app. It is a very flawed process, the charger’s WiFi is incredibly flakey. Then it took nearly a full day to get the truck to work correctly with the HIS. Again it seems to be a communication issue between the truck and the charger. Finally success! Have had it working twice now by turning off grid power to the house. Apparently, there is a software update in progress which addresses the communication issues. Due out at the end of July or Aug—has already been delayed at least a month…. Now waiting for a real power outage for a real life test. Thanks to the wonderful Subject Matter Expert that my electrician found through his contacts!!! And thanks to the perseverance of my electrician. 7/7/23, Chuck
Sponsored