• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Preconditioning for over a week

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
For me, it was working OK till I recently modified the timing to be sooner and everyday (M-F) since now I need to be in the office more. Now its hit or miss...

Rockythepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning
Sorry if this was asked before, where are the preconditioning settings? All I see is set departure time options and these departure times are hit and miss. Most times don't work. I just remote start and assume that battery will be preconditioned if it is plugged in. Not sure if that is the case or not. Thanks in advance if someone can answer this.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sorry if this was asked before, where are the preconditioning settings? All I see is set departure time options and these departure times are hit and miss. Most times don't work. I just remote start and assume that battery will be preconditioned if it is plugged in. Not sure if that is the case or not. Thanks in advance if someone can answer this.
Departure times = preconditioning

You can't precondition without departure times set.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Are any of you guys turning off the HVAC through your drive cycle, and most importantly, are you turning it back on before shutting down the truck?

I know some folks manually moderate on/off to conserve power and get the best range / efficiency, but forgetting to turn it back on could be part of the hit/miss problem.

In another thread, I mentioned that I shut my HVAC down last night as part of a system noise experiment, but I forgot to turn it back on before turning the truck off, this morning my remote start resulted in a cold cabin. (not a departure request, but I was on shore power)

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are any of you guys turning off the HVAC through your drive cycle, and most importantly, are you turning it back on before shutting down the truck?

I know some folks manually moderate on/off to conserve power and get the best range / efficiency, but forgetting to turn it back on could be part of the hit/miss problem.

In another thread, I mentioned that I shut my HVAC down last night as part of a system noise experiment, but I forgot to turn it back on before turning the truck off, this morning my remote start resulted in a cold cabin. (not a departure request, but I was on shore power)
I have tried it both ways. Hasn't seemed to make a difference. When a departure time set, you also set a cabin temp (roughly - cool / medium / warm) which will overide HVAC settings.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have tried it both ways. Hasn't seemed to make a difference. When a departure time set, you also set a cabin temp (roughly - cool / medium / warm) which will overide HVAC settings.
I've been avoiding the departure time feature because of the cold steering wheel issues.
But the remote start was definitely hosed by me leaving the HVAC off last night.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've been avoiding the departure time feature because of the cold steering wheel issues.
But the remote start was definitely hosed by me leaving the HVAC off last night.
I believe you can go into setting and change the remote start behavior, but the default is "last settings" which will mess you up if you turned it off.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe you can go into setting and change the remote start behavior, but the default is "last settings" which will mess you up if you turned it off.
That is how I have it set, lesson learned.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well I guess I was mistaken, I had it on Auto/Auto so that it would condition based on the seasonal changes, fall/winter: warm cabin, seats and wheel vs. cool cabin & seats for summer.

I'm repeating the test this evening, though I'll be undocked, but I turned off the HVAC and will do a remote start to see if it turns the HVAC on and warms seat/wheel.

Having just gotten 4.1.1 I'm not sure if it will have an impact.

Ford F-150 Lightning No Preconditioning for over a week 1673556340610
Ford F-150 Lightning No Preconditioning for over a week 1673556359673

Ford F-150 Lightning No Preconditioning for over a week 1673556392412

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
BTW, Friday morning I want to retest Departure Time, for impact of the steering wheel warming, hopefully the prior and most recent updates will have fixed that issue, it's been a while since I used that mode.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
BTW, Friday morning I want to retest Departure Time, for impact of the steering wheel warming, hopefully the prior and most recent updates will have fixed that issue, it's been a while since I used that mode.
I am on 4.1.1 and still have the steering wheel issue, so don't expect much.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I’ve got the latest version of sync and it’s still busted 😭

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Am I the only one to experience remote start resulting in HVAC set for heat and seats set for cool? (no, that's not how I left it)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm repeating the test this evening, though I'll be undocked, but I turned off the HVAC and will do a remote start to see if it turns the HVAC on and warms seat/wheel.
This sub test was successful, in that, the remote start, fired up the cabin heater, seats and steering wheel, I let it auto shutdown after 15 minutes, jumped in the truck started the truck, seats and wheel remained in heater on status, but when I checked the HVAC control, the master switch was still off, I manually turned it on and left it that way for Friday morning, but as many of you already stated, that's likely to result in a cold steering wheel.

BTW, crazy winter weather, temp's will peak at 55 degrees 5am to 9am, so the battery preconditioning effort should be minimal, I have battery charging scheduled to start at 5am begin to charging 72% to 90% by 6:30, but the truck thinks it will take longer and breach my scheduled departure time, it sent me an alert about that around 8pm, I've noticed this on occasion when trying to line up power events in succession, I think the analysis anticipates a charge rate of around 32 amp not the available 75 amps my FCSP pushes out at the 80 amp setting.
Sponsored