• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OBD Scanner Results Question

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So I've had my Lightning Lariat ER for about 14 months with no real issues, 22,000 miles on it and averaging 2.2 m/kW over the life of the vehicle. Just bought a OBD dongle (Veepeak OBDCheck OBD II) off amazon just to play around with and get some information on the truck. Downloaded the free version on Car Scanner to my Apple phone.

So I charged to 90% overnight and then when I woke up had the truck continue charging to near 100% as I'm going camping after work and wanted a full charge for the 190 mile drive. Plugged in the scanner as I was driving into work and the numbers don't make sense to me, so I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. The HVB SOC Display is 100%, and the HVB SOC is 91.82%. I'm assuming because as it's well noted Ford left a buffer top and bottom on the battery so I'm assuming that's why it's lower. The number that doesn't make sense to me is the Energy which reads 120.6 kWh. Shouldn't that be much closer to 131 kWh? Battery size is around 143 kWh, and usable should be 131 kWh. Am I missing something?

Hopefully someone with a scanner can confirm my numbers or tell me I'm reading them wrong. As I said, truck is awesome and I get the mileage I'm expecting, but the numbers don't add up for me.

Thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning OBD Scanner Results Question Car Scanner
Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
My last 100% charge went to 129.27. I have not seen it get to 131. Not an answer, but a validation of what you see.

It might have something to do with temperature.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Batteries are weird like that. So many things can affect the voltage reading, I'm still learning how to more accurately interpret the data myself.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Temperature, combined with rarely charging to 100% to let cells balance.
Sponsored