First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
TLDR; In spite of all the below, while mucking around with the truck at 5 AM( :D) , I just got a successful update of ECG-24.2.4.9 after my initial truck-reported failure on 6/22/24. Time will tell if I still have a gateway module A software-level problem and DTC U019B:00 comes back.
Further twist in the road. Last night, when I turned on my truck, in spite of a previous successful completion notice on 7/3/24 for the ECG-24.2.4.9 update, I got a new NOT COMPLETED notice:
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA ECG-24.2.4.9 Software Distribution Enhancement IMG_0997

Then, the truck tried to install Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 (the windows, mirror, and lock controls update). The UP2 update failed, leaving my truck bricked in INHIBIT MODE (undrivable).

I wondered if somehow having the ECG update go "NOT COMPLETED" had anything to do with the truck failing the UP2 update and getting bricked...

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I received ECG-24.2.4.9 on 15 June, haven't gotten anything since, so this is not a fixall for OTA. My truck is a 23.

hammong

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR Lightning
This is new. The way the update is names is also different from what they've done in the past. If you or anyone else that gets this doesn't mind sharing the VIN with me, I'd like to get more details on what module(s) this update updated.
I just got this update last night on my '23 XLT SR purchased June 15, 2024. This was the fourth update I've received since purchasing the truck:

VIN 1FTVW1ELXPWG56260

My truck is base XLT with Pro Power/Ford Mobile connector and nothing else.

My previous update was 4.2.3.1 on July 3rd. Looks like I'm getting them pretty steady now, about once a week on different days.

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
It seems 3rd time is a charm on this one. First one failed while my truck was parked at the airport a few days. Second time it was stuck "downloading" this update for a full 2 weeks until it finally failed on July 4th (the date the OTA team said it would expire).
I noticed it was downloading again yesterday so I left the truck on for about 6 hours including after I got home and was back on wifi. I finally shut off the truck (thinking it was going to be stuck "downloading" again), but got the update notice this morning.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I'm not so sure about that. My 23 Pro got the 6.8.0 update on or about 2/20/24, still no SOC on dash. Can't really say that I want or need it there, since it's easily accessible on the charge screen.
I've had 6.8 for a week. no SOC.

iLikeRocks94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
FYI I had to tell my dealer that the sync system (center screen) was crashing - freezing, unresponsive, etc. - and that updating the software would help.

They told me my truck has all the updates I can get if its on auto-update, then I had to rattle off the specific module codes and the FDRS system blah blah blah, until they finally relented and said "ok, bring it in, we'll get it updated but it isn't covered by the service agreement"

Then I asked him how he planned on fixing the sync crashes without updating the system....he sighed and said they could cover it under that.

2 days later I had SoC and updated carplay destination charge estimates with auto-routing.

It's very upsetting that Ford knows there is an issue, but keeps trying to work around a fix without ever actually admitting theres an issue and fixing it.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
FYI I had to tell my dealer that the sync system (center screen) was crashing - freezing, unresponsive, etc. - and that updating the software would help.

They told me my truck has all the updates I can get if its on auto-update, then I had to rattle off the specific module codes and the FDRS system blah blah blah, until they finally relented and said "ok, bring it in, we'll get it updated but it isn't covered by the service agreement"

Then I asked him how he planned on fixing the sync crashes without updating the system....he sighed and said they could cover it under that.

2 days later I had SoC and updated carplay destination charge estimates with auto-routing.

It's very upsetting that Ford knows there is an issue, but keeps trying to work around a fix without ever actually admitting theres an issue and fixing it.
you say you didn't have the SOC on the screen. had the speed sign moved to the left of the speedometer?

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
Should have replied to this a month ago....but, I received 6.8.0 for a second time on 7/9....and since then, SOC appears on dash.
Sponsored