• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA Update Question

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
I did my first set of FDRS updates on my Lightning last Summer. Warning, the truck makes all kind of weird noises so beware that is normal. Also, after one update my frunk would no longer close automatically. Once I fully shut it manually it worked just fine. I use 2 Clore PL2320's to keep the battery level up. They were cheaper than one big one. As long as you follow the instructions on the screen, and do your research first you shouldn't have any issue.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Back to the point of the thread:

Read the comments. Sound familiar? lol

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Back to the point of the thread:

Read the comments. Sound familiar? lol
LOL well I mean it is GM, not sure I would trust them anymore than Ford to get it right. :crackup:

My items have shipped, hoping they get here at a reasonable time so I can start the update process. If not might have to wait until Monday.

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Does anyone else get all of the FM radio station presets wiped out with every OTA update? Freaking PITA.
Every once in a while I think this has happened to me (although I have yet to get an OTA), and I realize that for some reason my profile has been changed to "Guest" instead of my personal setup. Check that first.

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Oh, you're good. Your truck is already on the latest Sync version and 6.4.0 is the last power-up update you got. The SCCM is 6.5.0. Once you do that, it should release an IPC update which would be 6.8.0 and give you the % on the cluster if you don't already have it. The CMR is OTA 6.13.0/CMR-FX.

The powertrain updates that @mr.Magoo mentioned seem to have been pulled from FDRS so you don't have to worry about avoiding any updates. The BCM update will ask you for a password and you won't be able to do. This is due to an issue Ford needs to fix.

Bearing no issues, you have about 6-8 hours worth of updates to do. The CMR will take 45-60 minutes. The PSCM and IPMA are tied to each other and the IPMA takes 3 hours, so don't start either one unless you have time to see them through. The PSCM/IPMA updates are part of the package for Bluecruise 1.4. Because you decided to take the FDRS plunge, once you update your truck, I will tell you what you need to do to activate BC 1.4.

You can count on my support throughout the process. Message me when you're ready to start. Which power supply did you order? That piece of equipment is very important.

1715827813103-bd.png
I just saw the BCM error in the FDRS thread, and sounds like you also mentioned it here. So for now just hold off on the BCM update? Any word on when that might be fixed?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just saw the BCM error in the FDRS thread, and sounds like you also mentioned it here. So for now just hold off on the BCM update? Any word on when that might be fixed?
Yea, just hold off in it. It'll come OTA eventually. No idea when they will fix it, but Ford has to know about it by now.

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Yea, just hold off in it. It'll come OTA eventually. No idea when they will fix it, but Ford has to know about it by now.
Will not getting this affect my ability to turn on BC 1.4 like you mentioned earlier?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Will not getting this affect my ability to turn on BC 1.4 like you mentioned earlier?
No.

Your ability to get BC 1.4 is impacted by astrological events, like the recent solar burst. That happens about every 20 years or so...

OP
OP

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Got my adapter and Power Supply in, Amazon is so bad around here. Might take it with me tomorrow as I am going to visit my brother and play games with him. Truck will just be sitting around so might start them while there. Wish me luck. :)

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Got my adapter and Power Supply in, Amazon is so bad around here. Might take it with me tomorrow as I am going to visit my brother and play games with him. Truck will just be sitting around so might start them while there. Wish me luck. :)
Good luck.
Mine arrive tomorrow lol., mongoose, power supply etc. Likely be a first of week project for me.
Will see.
Sponsored